Wednesday, April 19, 2017/2:35 PM/NBS
The power generation statistics for Q1 2017 reflected that a total average of 3,687 MW of energy was generated by power stations as Afam VI Power Plant contributed about 12.64% share of the average energy generated which represents the highest generation among the twenty-three (23) power plants within the period under review.
Daily energy generation attained a peak of 5,846 MW on the 24th January, 2017 and daily energy sent out on same date was 5,747 MW. Similarly, the highest daily energy generated per hour attained a peak of 140,316 MWh on the 24th January, 2017 and daily energy sent out per hour on same date was 137,920 MWh. This represents the highest level of energy generated and sent out in the month of January 2017 and in Q1 2017.
However, the lowest daily energy generation, 1,660 MW, in the month of January 2017 and in Q1 2017 was attained on 18th January, 2017 and daily energy sent out on that date was 1,618 MW. The lowest daily energy generation per hour was also attained on same date. 39,837 MWh was generated and 38,831 MWh was sent out.
In February 2017, daily energy generation attained a peak of 4,279 MW on 21st February, 2017 and daily energy sent out on same date was 4,217 MW. Similarly, the highest daily energy generated per hour in the month under review attained a peak of 102,705 MWh and daily energy sent out per hour on same date was 101,208 MWh.
Nevertheless, daily energy generation attained its lowest of 2,915 MW in the month of February on 1st February, 2017 and daily energy sent out on same date was 2,869 MW. Similarly, the lowest daily energy generation per hour was also attained on same date. 69,962 MWh was generated and 68,847 MWh was sent out.
Daily energy generation in March 2017 attained a peak of 4,156.03MW on 9th March, 2017 and daily energy sent out on same date was 4,096 MW. Similarly, the highest daily energy generated per hour attained a peak of 99,732 MWh on 9th March, 2017 and daily energy sent out per hour on same date was 98,300 MWh.
The lowest daily energy generation attained in March 2017 was 3,496 MW and the lowest daily energy sent out of 3,441 MW was attained on 16th March, 2017. Likewise, the lowest daily energy generation per hour was also attained on same date. 83,790 MWh was generated and 82,580 MWh was sent out.
Click Here to Download Q1 2017 Power Generation (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - March 2017
2. Average Intercity Transport Fare Increases to N1,466.46 in Mar’17 from N1,411.87 in Feb’17
3. Average Prices of 1kg of Yam Tubber Increased by 63.4% YoY in March 2017
4. CPI Drops to 17.26% in March 2017, 0.52% Lower Than 17.78% February Rate
5. 7.49m Nigerians Are Registered Under the National Pension Scheme As At Q1 2017 - NBS
6. Lagos Airport Accounted for 69.1% of International Passengers in 2016 - NBS
7. 11,363 Road Traffic Crashes Recorded in 2016 - NBS
8. FAAC Disburses N514.15bn in February 2017
9. FAAC Disburses N430.16bn in January 2017
10. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
11. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
12. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
13. CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
14. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
15. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
16. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
17. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
18. GDP Contracts by -1.30% in Q4 and -1.51% for Full Year 2016; Is Nigeria on Its Way Out of Recession?
19. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
20. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
21. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
22. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
23. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
24. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
25. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
26. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
27. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
28. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
29. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
30. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
31. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
32. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
33. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
34. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
35. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
36. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
37. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
38. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Powering Africa's Transformation
2. Increased focus required on hydro
3. Saraki: We May Need to Amend Laws to Solve Energy Crisis
4. Nigerian Power Sector Report - Is there light at the end of the tunnel?