Wednesday, March 29, 2017 07:59PM / Akin Fatunke
The Senate of the Federal Republic Nigeria has indicated a willingness to open dialogue with the Executive Government on the ongoing 'tiff' over Ibrahim Magu's rejection/confirmation as the EFCC boss.
The highest legislative arm of the Nigerian government has summoned one of the Buhari’s men again, over what they termed as provocative comments ...
Professor Itsey Sagay had threatened the senate that they will regret their actions for humiliating Buhari since they didn’t confirm Magu. The Senate insist they based their rejection on damning reports provided more than once by the Executive Arm of same government ... Prof Itsey Sagay has been invited by the 'lawmakers' to come and repeat his threat to them on the floor of Senate Chamber.
And The Ugly:
Senator Ali Ndume suspended for 6 months for raising 'false allegations' against Dino Melaye and Bukola Saraki ... Ndume had called the attention of his colleagues to earlier reports in newspapers and need to investigate veracity of claims against some prominent officesrs of the Senate. But in response, his colleagues handed down on him the curiously punitive suspension.
1. Just Another Day In The Nigerian Senate; In Plenary
2. Senate Rejects Sale of National Asset
3. Saraki: We May Need to Amend Laws to Solve Energy Crisis
4. Senate President's Speech at a 2-Day Stakeholder Workshop on the Power Sector
5. Another Initiative Against the Economic Recession
6. Saraki Promises to Intervene in Aviation Sector Facility Crisis