Tuesday, October 20, 2020 / 01:49 PM / By LASG
/ Header Image Credit: Kemi Filani
I have watched with shock how what began as a peaceful #EndSARS protest has degenerated into a monster that is threatening the well-being of our society. Lives and limbs have been lost as criminals and miscreants are now hiding under the umbrella of these protests to unleash mayhem on our State.
As a government that is alive to its responsibility and has shown a commitment to the movement #ENDSARS, we will not watch and allow anarchy in our dear state.
I, therefore, hereby impose a 24-hour curfew on all parts of the State as from 4pm today, 20th October,2020.Nobody, except essential service providers and first responders must be found on the streets.
Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Governor, Lagos State
1. #EndSARS: The Generation that said "Enough is Enough" - OpEd by Reuben Abati, Tuesday, October 20 2020
2. Establishment, Composition and Training of Nigeria Police SWAT to Replace the Disbanded SARS - Office of The IGP Friday, October 16 2020
4. SARS and The Youth Revolt - Olusegun Adeniyi, Thisday, October 15, 2020
5. Appeal court declares Police Act 2020 illegal, nullifies constable recruitment - Punch, October 14, 2020
6. A Nigerian internet or social media shutdown? What to know and do - TechCabal, October 14, 2020
7. Presidential Panel on Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-Point Demand of Protesters - State House, Proshare, October 13, 2020
9. #EndSARS: Almost a Nigerian Revolution - Reuben Abati, Proshare, October 13, 2020