Thursday, April 05, 2018 06.01PM / Dawn Commission / Western Nigeria Governors Forum 28/03/2018
THEME: CONSOLIDATING THE LEGACY OF REGIONAL INTEGRATION
The meeting which was hosted by the Governor of Lagos State, H.E, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, FCA had in attendance:
1. Governor of Ekiti State H.E, Dr. Ayodele Fayose
2. 2 Governor of Ondo State H.E, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu SAN
3. Governor of the State of Osun H.E, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
4. Governor of Oyo State H.E, Senator Abiola Ajimobi
5. Governor of Ogun State Represented by Deputy Governor, H.E Mrs. Yetunde Onanuga; and
6. Deputy Governor of Lagos State H.E Mrs Idiat Oluranti Adebule
The Meeting Outcomes
1. That Lagos State is formally a member of the O’dua Investment Group.
3. That a Regional Agriculture Summit be held in Ibadan, Oyo State in May 2018 and sponsored by Lagos State.
4. That DAWN Commission, Focal Representatives and Agriculture Commissioners hold a technical session with the Nigeria Incentive-based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL) and develop a state by state roadmap in 4 weeks before the Regional Agriculture Summit scheduled for May 2018.
5. That DAWN Commission should work on reviving Regional Inter-School Football Competition.
6. That DAWN Commission should conduct a study on the successes in Education in Ekiti State for peer learning/adoption among the Western Nigeria states.
7. That DAWN Commission, and the Focal representatives should structure a programme on the Omoluabi Ethos of the Yoruba people.
8. That the States of the Region as a bloc will be monitoring the process for the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Concession into a world class infrastructure.
9. That Mr Oluseye Oyeleye is confirmed as the substantive Director General of DAWN Commission.