Friday, July 04, 2014
The Governing Council of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) has the pleasure to announce the appointments of distinguished knowledge professionals as members of the esteemed Research and Strategic Planning Committee for a term of two years, 2014 – 2016.
In this role, distinguished members of the committee are expected to perform an advisory role to the institute - through the provision of technical assistance to the Research and Strategic Planning Department by identifying, examining and recommending to Council, vital issues concerning the financial system and the economy in general; amongst other key deliverables.
Members of this elite committee include:
• Olusegun Aina – (Chairman) Past President of CIBN and member of National Confab
• Bismark Rewane – CEO Financial Dynamics
• Dr. Chris Ogbechie – Senior Research Fellow at Lagos Business School
• Dr. Olatunji Sobodu – CEO
• Olufemi Awoyemi – CEO Proshare
• Dr. Martin Oluba – CEO ValueFronteria
• Eghes Eyieyien – CEO Pharez
• Alex Anameje – Ex-CIBN Research
• Dr. Wura Abiola - Managing Director of Management Transformation Ltd (MT)
Mr. Olufemi Awoyemi, Chief Executive of Proshare Nigeria Limited, along with Dr. Olatunji Sobodu, Eghes Eyieyen, and Alex Anameje are returning members from the 2012 – 2014 committee.
The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria is mindful of the role its members play in shaping the future of the financial system in Nigeria and is determined to undertake necessary reforms needed to enable the institute discharge its responsibilities and compete in an increasingly global financial marketplace.
The committee will be holding its inaugural meeting on July 18,, 2014 at the Bankers House by 12:00noon.