Friday, December 13, 2019 / 16:09PM / Institute of Service Excellence / Header Image Credit: Ecographics
Chairman of Proshare Nigeria Limited, Mr. Olufemi Awoyemi, a financial information entrepreneur and analyst, has recently been honoured with an award by the Institute of Service Excellence and Good Governance, Nigeria. The award was in recognition of Mr. Awoyemi's many longstanding contributions to the improvement of corporate governance in the country.
Mr. Awoyemi received the award at the 3rd Annual Lecture and Award Ceremony of the institute, which held at the International Conference Centre, ICC, Abuja, on Thursday, December 12, 2019.
According to his citation, Proshare's Founder was noted as "a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), a Fellow of the Institute of Directors (IoD), a Fellow of the Association of Investment Advisors and Portfolio Managers (IAPM), a Fellow of the Institute of Credit Administration (ICA) and a Fellow of the Institute of Information Management (IIM)".
He was equally mentioned as "an accomplished professional, mentor and public speaker with over three decades of hands-on cognate strategic management experience with reputable professional and multinational firms; with a distinguished career of involvement in many initiatives, associations, academia and developmental activities including services to the Securities & Exchange Commission's Capital Market Committee (CMC) on FinTech Roadmap for Nigeria; roles with the Institute of Directors as Vice-Chairman of the Finance Services Committee and Vice-Chairman of the Ethics & Governance committee, member Research & Advocacy committee and member Finance & General Purposes committee; and service to the Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce as Chairman, Advocacy Committee and Vice Chairman, Publicity & Communications Committee".
According to the citation, "Awoyemi is a Governing Council Member and Vice-President of the Association of Investment Advisers & Portfolio Managers, Governing Council member of the Fintech Association of Nigeria and representative member for Nigeria on the African Fintech Network (AFN); Governing Council member of the Association of Corporate and Individual Investment Advisers (CIIA); Executive Council member of the Nigerian British Chamber of Commerce; Member, Pearl Awards Board of Governors, independent member of the Investment Committee of Alternative Capital Partners Ltd (ACAP), and Advisory Board member of GetRates".
Awoyemi is actively involved with a number of NGO's involved in community and economic development, some of which includes serving as the Chairman, Board of Trustees of Proshare Global Education Support Foundation; Member, Board of Trustees of Social Intervention Advocacy Foundation (SIAF); Member, Board of Trustees of Black Rider Change Foundation; Member, Board of Trustees of Ojota Development Foundation (ODF); Member, Board of Trustees of Technical Assistance for Heroes Initiatives (TAHI); Member, Board of Trustees of Kingdom Life Ministries; Founder and Member, Board of Trustees - Online Publishers Association of Nigeria (OPAN).
Awoyemi was described as " multi-award winner including the 2018 Fintech Service Award, 2015 Nigerian Rising Award, the 2015 African Financial Analyst of the Year award by the Global Change for Africa, Brussels; the 2014 ICA Honours Award, and the 2013 Most Outstanding Business Executive of the Year, amongst others.".
The 2019 Service Excellence award was received on Mr. Awoyemi's behalf by Mr. Sanya Ademiluyi.
Mr. Ademiluyi thanked the Institute on behalf of Mr. Awoyemi, who noted that the award was gratifying in the context of the need for a sustained collective effort at improving the quality of governance in both public and private sectors. Awoyemi rededicated himself to the ideals of promoting service excellence, especially in our service company and areas of influence.
Recent Articles by Olufemi Awoyemi
1. A Village Made Me - Our Collective Story of Humble Beginnings - Dec 10, 2019
3. Nigeria's Blue Economy: From Thought To Action - Oct 17, 2019
5. Governance: Who Guards The Guardians? - Jun 13, 2019
7. The ERGP needs a Roll-Out Plan - Olufemi Awoyemi - May 15, 2017
9. Ogun Standard Education: A Way Forward - Olufemi Awoyemi, Proshare - May 23, 2017
10. Where Nigeria Got It Wrong - Olufemi Awoyemi - Dec 01, 2014
Related To Topic - Strides & Recognitions
2. Proshare Receives Special Recognition at The Inaugural FMDQ Gold Awards - Nov 12, 2018
12. Proshare CEO to receive Global Achievers/Nigeria Centenary Award - Jun 04, 2014
6. Proshare's 2018 Review and 2019 Outlook Page Now Live - Jan 21, 2019
8. The Newly Redesigned Proshare Market: 8 Things to Note - Aug 15, 2018
Russia 2018: Proshare to Provide EcoFootball Analysis - Jun 15, 2018
13. Awoyemi, Proshare receive Awards at the 2nd National Fintech Conference 2018 - Jan 29, 2018
20. Proshare Improves On Market Coverage - Adds NASD Page and APO News Feed - Oct 12, 2016
22. Proshare 11.0 - Migrating Economy & Politics Website to Proshare ... Sept 20, 2016
24. NASD Plc Signs MoU with Proshare Nigeria LimitedAug 02, 2016
26. Proshare 10.0 and the Future of Investing & Finance in Nigeria -Feb 25, 2016
27. ProshareNG beefs up its Customer Service delivery, introduces 0700-PROSHARE - Feb 16, 2015
28. Proshare 7.0 - Now Analysts and Investors are at Par - Jan 30, 2015
30. Proshare Launches Paid Service - #TheAnalyst 'Investment WebStation' - Jun 10, 2014