Tuesday, September 28, 2015 20.02 PM / News
The Global Change for Africa Committee on Saturday, September 26, 2015 in Berlin, Germany named Proshare Chief Executive, Olufemi Awoyemi as the African Financial Analyst for 2015.
In the Global Change for Africa (GCA) citation for the award, they cited his recent projections to the potentials of Africa in the global economic order; the economic challenges for African nations and his country which have come to pass; as well as his consistent engagement with entities invested in the African (nay Nigerian) project.
According to them, the unique approach offered, which does not shy away from the problems, offers a break from the doomsday picture that has dominated the scene about Africa in the past decades. Several individuals and corporates are driving these changes for Africa, mostly under the shadow. These are the unsung heroes and heroines of Africa's rebirth and it is well to identify those who remain committed to the African message and the Proshare platform offers a beyond-the-news advantage to those who seek to know more about the realities of Nigeria and indeed Africa.
To the committee members and the respondents to the award criteria, Olufemi Awoyemi deservedly won the award for quietly going about creating a nexus between the potentials of Africa and the realities of the continent, focusing on its country and the institutions of change.
He has therefore been granted this award in recognition of his sustained commitment with Proshare Nigeria Limited in providing accurate financial information to decision makers through innovation, creativity and best in class professionalism in the face of very challenging operating environment and pervading negativity that defined the post-global financial crisis year.
GCA also commented that Proshare’s effective corporate governance principles and practices are uncommon in a developing economy and politically sensitive space which they believe will help define the new Africa.
Speaking on the award Mr. Olufemi Awoyemi said: "This award reflects a greater purpose vested in me as well as my company Proshare Nigeria, which we are determined to achieve as Africa (and Nigeria in particular) rises to surmount self limiting challenges and paves the way for a better future”.
Most recent awards include:
· 2015 Nominee for Corporate Governance Company Of The Year Nigeria 2015 – The European Global Banking & Finance Award
· 2015 Most Innovative Capital Market Service Team, Nigeria - International Finance Magazine (IFM)
· 2015 Nigerian Rising Award – Hallmark Newspapers
· 2014 Best Capital Market Services & Solutions Team Nigeria - Capital Finance International (CFI) UK
· 2014 ICA Honours Award - Institute of Credit Management (ICA)
· 2014 'The Guinness Rising Star Award' - Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC)
· 2014 Best Internet Television Station (WebTV) - NigeriaDotCom Awards
· 2014 Business Innovator of the Year (TheAnalyst) - NigeriaDotCom Awards
· 2013 Most Outstanding Business Executive of the Year - African Council of Chief Executives under the African CEO Council
· 2012 Eminent Achievers Award – News of The People Magazine