Tuesday, October 03, 2017/3:09 PM/ NSE
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE” or “The Exchange”), Mr Oscar N. Onyema, OON was given the Professional Excellence Award - Capital Market Category at the Business Hallmark People of the Year Awards Ceremony held at the Civic Center, Lagos on Saturday, September 30, 2017.
According to the Business Hallmark Newspapers, organisers of the Business Hallmark People of the Year Award, Mr. Onyema was recognized for his outstanding achievements, especially in evolving and implementing policies which have contributed enormously towards professionalizing and restoring confidence in the Capital market. “Today, the transformation project of the stock exchange has yielded positive dividends across all indices despite an extremely challenging operating environment. The NSE brand has become globally competitive, attaining full membership of key international exchange associations whilst also instituting a Corporate Governance Rating System for listed companies”, said the organisers.
In receiving the Award, Onyema stated, “I am honoured to receive this award. I share this honour with the great team at NSE, who continue to share the vision of building a foremost Exchange that is driven by regulation, efficiency, liquidity and innovation. They continue to make significant contributions to the capital market. About 6 years ago, I took the decision to return home to contribute towards the development of the Nigerian capital market after over 16years of working with leading exchanges abroad. I thank the organisers of the award for recognising our modest contributions and be assured this will continue to inspire us to do more".
Other recipients honoured at the Awards Ceremony were Mr. Ibrahim Magu, Acting Executive Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC); Mr Peter Amangbo, GMD/CEO, Zenith Bank Plc; Prof. Ishaq Olarewaju Oloyede, Registrar/CEO, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
1. Nestle Nig. Plc Appoints Mr. Jagdish Kumar Singla as the Finance & Control Director
2. Jaiz Bank Plc Appoints Mr. Abdulfattah Olanrewaju Amoo as Executive Director (Operations & Finance)
3. Neimeth Intl Pharmaceuticals Plc. Appoints Mr. Chris U. Mmeje as Acting Managing Director
4. FirstBank Celebrates its CRS Week themed Promoting Kindness: Putting You First
5. FirstBank’s Customer Wins Grand Prize in Western Union Mega Promo
6. Dangote Foundation, GBCHealth, join forces to build Coalition on Health
7. The Pervasive Negative Narrative Around Africa is our Continent’s Greatest Challenge – Elumelu
8. Guinness Nigeria Plc Appoints Mr. Mark Sandys as Non- Executive Director.
9. Dangote-led Presidential Flood Committee Donates N250m to Benue Victims