Tuesday, December 19, 2017 /5:09 PM / NSE
The Chief Executive Officer of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Mr. Oscar N. Onyema, OON was today, December 19, 2017, inducted as an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS) of Nigeria at the induction ceremony held at the Stock Exchange House, Lagos. With this, Mr. Onyema has become the first CEO of the Exchange to be inducted as an associate member after passing the requisite examination of the institute.
CIS is the body statutorily empowered to train and certify professionals in the Nigerian capital market. It is the only professional body in Nigeria authorized to carry out qualifying examinations into the stockbroking profession. The Institute controls the activities of its members and matters associated with it.
In his opening remarks, the President of CIS, Mr. Oluwaseyi Abe, stated that “we are witnessing a rare manifestation of humility and leadership by example, as the CEO of the Exchange, Mr. Onyema, is formally inducted as an associate member of the institution. Today’s induction ceremony is unique because Mr. Onyema, despite his qualifications and experience as a well-grounded investment and securities expert qualified to practice in the United States and Nigeria, voluntarily enrolled as a member of CIS, sat and passed the institution’s examination”.
He went further to state that “we are not just witnessing an induction ceremony, we are showcasing exemplary leadership, a demonstration to the commitment to the rule of law and processes, uncommon dedication and patriotism of the highest order”.
Mr. Abe congratulated Mr. Onyema and urged him to maintain the good name and reputation of the institute as he continues to contribute positively to growth of the institution and indeed the Nigerian economy. “Your induction as an associate of this noble profession, is a landmark event that confers on you a new level of respect and honour. It is a mark of character, capacity and competence”, he noted.
Expressing his delight after receiving his certificate as an associate member of CIS, Mr. Onyema said “I am very humbled by your recognition of my modest contributions to our market. I believe that my writing the CIS examination was a matter of cause and a continuous quest for knowledge and high performance. I commit to project the best image of the institution by ensuring adherence to the code of ethics of the profession. And I look forward to working with you all to improve the state of our market and the Nigerian economy at large”.
2. NSE Website Ranked the Best among African Exchanges
3. What Stock Market Investors Must Consider in the 2018 Pre-Election Year
4. Ambode, Gwarzo, Sanni, Awoyemi to grace the 2017 IAPM Forum
5. Quantitative Financial Analytics Rolls out Market Volatility Measure for the Nigerian Stock Market
6. Lagos the Outperformer of SSA Stock Markets
7. Invest 2017 Edition Recommended Stocks Records Robust Returns YTD
8. Suspense as Corporate Giants Battles For 2017 Pearl Awards
9. Nigerian Tier 2 Banks - Playing a Catch-up Game
10. Strategies For Equity Investment In A Pre-election Year Economy
11. Training On Legal " Risk Aspects of Derivatives and CCP Transactions
12. Outcome of MSCI Semi-Annual Review: FBNH, GUINNESS, PZ and FO out of the Frontier Market Index
13. NSE hosts Capital Market Security Information Forum in Lagos
14. The MSCI Nigeria Indexes to Remain in the MSCI Frontier Markets Indexes