Saturday, April 03, 2021 / 09:00AM / Chioma Elizabeth ECHEBIRI* / Header Image Credit: Proshare
I first heard of Proshare in my third year as an undergraduate at Babcock University, where I was studying law. I was at my wits end regarding a term paper which not only dealt with a challenging subject matter, but also involved me working as a team leader; coordinating, giving deadlines, conducting primary research. In the course of this, I came across an article relating to my work which the company had published on its website. Succinct yet thorough and detailed; I was delighted. Hence, I also was equally delighted when it was recommended to me after my graduation while I was seeking to intern in a company where I could learn, be challenged, and stretch myself to the broadest intellectual limits possible. I am more than glad to say that after four months of this internship experience, Proshare did not fall short of these great expectations.
I resumed on a cold Monday morning in December 2020 after I had just finished my grueling professional examinations, filled equally with dread, excitement, and even a degree of admiration for the very impressive interior, a brilliant splash of bright oranges, grays, and white.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Proshare Office HERE
I was warmly introduced to everyone and given a comfortable seat to work- which I started immediately, I must say. While an intern, I was accommodated by every single person who offered help in some way or the other. My contributions were always regarded as valid and important, and I was corrected whenever there was a need for such. I had the opportunity to work with and learn from a brilliant team of analysts who are excellent at what they do, and I daresay that I have never learnt so much about economics and finance anywhere else. Working at Proshare deepened my curiosity about the way things work in the world of economics, and my insight grew with each Analyst Call session we had.
With the Research team
I had the privilege of contributing to well-written reports on various subjects affecting the Nigerian economy, and under the close supervision of bulwarks of knowledge such as Mr. Saheed Kiaribe, Director of Research and Mr. Teslim Shitta-Bey, Chief Economist/Managing Editor, delivered results which I would have previously thought myself incapable of.
Today, I am proud to say that I am a more curious, intelligent, and exposed person as a result of working at Proshare for four months. More importantly, I am proud to say that I am part of the Proshare family and I am greatly beholden to it for all that I have been given.
*Chioma Echebiri is a graduate of law from Babcock University where she graduated with a First Class Honours, and was appointed as a Babcock University Ambassador, a Chapel Seminar Coordinator, became a NNPC/Chevron JV Scholar and a Body of the Senior Advocates of Nigeria (BOSAN) Scholar. She is currently an associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and has passed Diet I of the ICSAN examinations with Distinction.
Related News on Proshare
1. Proshare's New Year Message - Change, Technology, and The New Corporate Calling January 01, 2021
6. PEBEC 3.0 Awards: Proshare, CBI, FIRS, NAFDAC Others Receive Recognition March 12, 2020
9. On This 13th Year of Proshare's Founding - A Message from The Founder December 20, 2019
10. Proshare's Olufemi Awoyemi Receives 2019 Institute of Service Excellence Award September 14, 2019
12. CBi Partners Proshare On The Business Action Against Corruption (BAAC) Nigeria Project September 14, 2019
13. NESG Visits Proshare, Solicits Strategic Media Collaboration Ahead of NES25 August 20, 2019
15. Proshare and AFEX Form Strategic Partnership to Boost the Nigerian Commodities Market February 01, 2019
16. Proshare's 2018 Review and 2019 Outlook Page Now Live January 21, 2019
20. The Newly Redesigned Proshare Market: 8 Things to Note August 14, 2018
22. Proshare's 2017 Review and 2018 Outlook Page now Live Dec 22, 2017
23. Proshare Board holds Meeting in Lagos to Restructure Operations Dec 21, 2017
24. Proshare Nigeria Launches IOS Version of Mobile App Mar 20, 2017
25. Proshare Nigeria Launches Mobile App Feb 3, 2017
28. Proshare 11.0 - Migrating Economy & Politics Website to Proshare Sept 20, 2016
30. NASD Plc Signs MoU with Proshare Nigeria Limited Aug 02, 2016
32. Proshare 10.0 and the Future of Investing & Finance in Nigeria Feb 25, 2016