February 09, 2018 /3:55 PM / NSE
This is to notify the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the general public that the Board of Directors of Guinness Nigeria Plc at its meeting held on Monday, 29th January 2018:
Mr. Stanley Wanyoike Njoroge is a
Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Institute of Certified
Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK). He is an alumnus of both the University of
Nairobi and Strathmore University in Nairobi Kenya. Stanley’s initial
experience was in tax advisory with Deloitte & Touche East Africa providing
tax consultancy services and managing tax clients in Kenya and Uganda.
He also led several tax training sessions across several African cities including Lagos, Nigeria. Stanley joined Diageo in 2008 as the Tax Manager in East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL) and expanded his experience within the wider finance division. Within Diageo, he has held a number of key finance leadership roles across Asia and Africa including Financial Controller of EABL, Finance Director of PT Gitaswara Indonesia and Finance Director of Meta Abo Brewery SC/Diageo Ethiopia.
In his most recent role as the Diageo Global Audit and Risk Director, Africa and Europe, he was responsible for providing assurance to the audit committee of Diageo Plc's Board of Directors on the management of key risks across Diageo’s businesses in Africa (Nigeria, East Africa, South Africa, and African Regional Markets) and across Europe.
He has been appointed to the Board of Guinness Nigeria Plc with effect from 1st March 2018, and will serve as the Company’s Director of Finance and Strategy. He will be residing in Nigeria.
We would also like to bring these changes to the attention of the market.
4. Guinness Nigeria Plc: Earnings rebound from Q1 low, despite weakening margins
5. GUINNESS Declares N2.13bn PAT in Q2''18 Results,(SP:N113.00k)
6. GUINNESS Declares N41.4 mln PAT in Q1''17 Results,(SP:N100.04k)
7. Guinness Nigeria Plc - Impeccable Q4 seals FY’17 Bottom Line Recovery
8. Guinness Nigeria Plc: Upward Revision to Estimates on Margin Recovery
9. Guinness Nigeria Reports Q4 2017 Results – Gross Margin Contracted by 993bps QoQ to 44.8%