November 11, 2011
Guinness Nigeria Plc. has notified The Exchange of changes on its Board of Directors, effective Friday, November 4, 2011. On the effective date, Mr. Selim Baraz a non-Executive Director resigned his appointment from the Board of Directors and Mrs. Zainab Abdurrahman was appointed as a non-Executive Director on the Board.
Abdurrahman Mrs. holds a degree in Economics from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. She joined the Nigerian National Corporation (NNPC) in 1979, where she held a number of increasing leadership responsibilities including Managing Director, Group General Manager, NNPC Retail Limited in charge of NNPC Petrol Stations –Land and Floating, General Manager Investment Division, etc. she retired from NNPC in 2009 and now runs a private business.
With these appointment and resignation, the Board of Guinness Nigeria Plc now comprises of the following:
1. Mr. Babatunde Abayomi Savage – Chairman
2. Dr. Nick Blazquez – Vice Chairman
3. Mr. Devin Maro Hainsworth - Managing Director
4. Prof. Joseph Ogbonnaya Irukwu, SAN - Director
5. Mr. Bitrus Gwadah - Director
6. Mr. Bismarc Jemide Rewane - Director
7. Mr. Frances Agbonlahor - Director
8. Mrs. Ifoema Claire Mafeni - Director
9. Mr. Mark A. Taylor - Director
10. Ms. Lisa Gillian Nicholas - Director
11. Zainab Abdurrahman - Director