January 18, 2018 /5:10 PM /NSE
FCMB has announced the addition of two Non-Executive Directors to the Board of FCMB Group Plc following approval by the Central Bank of Nigeria - Mr. Oladipupo Jadesimi and Mrs. Olapeju Sofowora.
Mr. Ladi Jadesimi has an Oxford M.A. (Honours) in Law and was a jurisprudence scholar at the University of Oxford from 1963-1966. He was a senior with Coopers and Lybrand Lagos from 1966-1970, before moving to Nigerian Acceptances (later NAL Plc) as General Manager, Corporate Finance and Investment Banking, a role he occupied from 1971-72, with responsibility for most of the initial IPOs that were listed on the nascent Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Over the years, Mr. Jadesimi has run several businesses in the Energy, Finance and Real Estate sectors. He is the Founder and Chairman of Ladol Group, the largest indigenous Free Zone Industrial Park, which hosts a variety of high value industrial free zone enterprises. He also currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Niger Delta Exploration and Production Plc, one of the largest indigenous integrated oil and gas producing companies.
Mrs. Olapeju Sofowora is a fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN). She holds a Treasurers Dealership Certificate jointly issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) and Money Market Association of Nigeria (MMAN) and is also a certified Information Systems Auditor.
The Founding Partner of Abax-Oosa Professionals, a firm of Chartered Accountants, Mrs. Sofowora has several years of professional work experience which cuts across Banking, Human Resources Consultancy, Tax Advisory, Finance and Accounting.
The two newly appointed Directors are individuals with enviable achievement records in their respective fields. They bring on board high level competencies and experience, which will undoubtedly have a positive impact on the Board and the FCMB Group as a whole.
1. Legacy Pension Managers reorganises Board, Appoints Ladi Balogun as Chairman
2. FCMB Group Q3 2017 Results: Earnings to Receive a Boost Following Acquisition
3. FCMB Completes 88.2% Acquisition of Legacy Pension Managers Limited with Completion Board Meeting
4. PFAs as the Next Investment Destination - A Case study of FCMB and Legacy Pension
5. FCMB Group Announces Plan to Acquire Additional Stake in Legacy Pension Managers Limited
6. FCMB acquires 25% stake in Legacy Pension Managers
7. FCMB Group Plc: No ‘Legacy’ is so rich as Funding
8. FCMB Group Q3 2017 Results: Earnings to Receive a Boost Following Acquisition
9. FCMB Group Plc: Earnings Miss But Investment in Legacy Provides Optimism
10. FCMB Declares N5.47 bn Profit in Q3''17 Results, (SP:N1.13k)