Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 4:48PM /NSE
Ecobank Transnational Inc. (ETI), parent company of the Ecobank Group, announced today that Mr. Eric Jones Odhiambo will join the Group on September 22, 2017 as Chief Risk Officer and Group Head, Risk Management. He will be based in Lome, Togo, reporting to Mr. Ade Adeyemi, Group Chief Executive Officer.
Eric will oversee and ensure the strategic management of the overall Risk Management platform across the group, and will have overall responsibility and accountability for the efficient operations of this function including, but not limited to Credit and Country Risk Management, Remedial Management, Market Risk, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Analytics and the Group Internal Control Function.
Eric’s appointment follows a reorganization and roll out of a new Corporate Strategy at Ecobank in 2016 which provides a framework to serve customers more efficiently, while improving cost and risk management, and optimizing the Group’s operations and processes.
Eric has an in-depth and extensive experience and knowledge of the African banking landscape, having worked for various Financial Institutions in similar roles across the continent and outside Africa for almost 30 years.
Eric joins Ecobank from the Atlas Mara Group, where he was Chief Risk Officer for the Group; a position he occupied for the last 2 years — since 2015. Eric started his career in 1986 at Price Water House Kenya before joining ABN AMRO Bank in Kenya in 1993, and later on to Citibank in 2001.
He has worked within the Risk Management Function and has occupied various leadership positions in Kenya, East Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa (covering 21 countries) and then Europe (Turkey and the CIS).
His previous Positions include Country Risk Officer, Head Risk Analyst and Remedial Management, Head of Risk, Country Risk Manager, Senior Credit Officer/Level 2, Managing Director arid Group Chief’ Risk Officer Eric brings a significant and deep technical knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management, Credit, Market, Operational, Regulatory Risks and Remedial Management, as well as a strong experience at best practice level in Africa and outside Africa His strong knowledge of our Core Businesses will be invaluable as we look to achieve our corporate strategy.
Eric holds a B.Com having majored in Accounting and Finance from the University of Nairobi, Kenya.
His appointment at Ecobank takes effect from September 22nd 2017.
1. ETI Announces the Co-option of Mr Greg Davis to its Board of Directors
2. ETI Declares N18.68bn PAT in Q1'17 Results,(SP:N7.8k)
3. ETI Declares N52.6bn Loss After Tax in 2016 Audited Results (SP:N8.20k)
4. Ecobank to Publish Year Ended 2016 Audited Financial Results on 18 April 2017
5. Erratum to Ecobank Announcement Regarding Delay to Publishing of 2016 Audited Results
6. ETI Announces a Delay to the Publishing of Year Ended 31 December 2016 Results
7. Afreximbank and ETI agree on African trade and investment promotion including US$500 mln programme
8. Extract from Financials - ETI Tops Companies by Turnover as DANGCEM Leads on PAT
9. ETI Records 15% Drop in PAT in Q3'16,(SP:N10.50k)
ETI and Old Mutual Announce New Strategic Agreement
11. Eveline Tall Daouda leaves Ecobank after two decades
12. ETI Awaits Requisite Approval on the Conversion of Its Preference Shares to Ordinary Shares
13. Conversion of ETI Preference Shares to Ordinary Shares
14. ETI Announces the Appointment of Greg Davis as Chief Financial Officer and Group Executive Finance
15. ETI Announces Appointment of Dan Sackey as MD, Ecobank Ghana & Regional Executive, Anglophone WA
16. ETI Q2'16 Conference Call & Earnings Presentation - The Key Takeaways
17. Ecobank Group Reports PBT of 204mln on Revenue Of 1.0bn for Q2 16
18. ETI Records 35.4 Drop in PAT in Q2 16 SP N12.74k
19. Ecobank announces consolidation of shares declares a dividend of US 48.2 million