Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:12pm / NSE
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), today announces the appointment of Greg Davis as its Chief Financial Officer, and Group Executive, Finance. He will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring strategic management of all financial and fiscal aspects of the bank’s finance operations.
Mr. Davis has an extensive experience and knowledge of the African banking landscape, having worked for various financial institutions in similar roles across the continent.
He joins Ecobank from Standard Bank Africa, where he was the Chief Financial Officer for all Standard bank operations in Africa, outside South Africa. In this role, Mr. Davis was responsible for strategy and execution of the finance function with 400 staff members across 19 African countries.
Ade Ayeyemi, Group Chief Executive Officer Ecobank said, “Greg brings a great depth of knowledge and experience at best practice level and I'm delighted to welcome him on behalf of the Ecobank leadership team. His deep knowledge of corporate, commercial and consumer banking finance will be invaluable as we look to achieve our corporate strategy.”
Mr. Davis’ appointment follows a reorganisation at Ecobank in 2016, and a new strategy which provides a framework to serve customers more efficiently, while improving cost and risk management, and optimising the Group’s balance sheet.
His previous positions include Finance Director, Corporate Banking Africa, at Barclays Bank. He has also worked with the Barclays Western Europe Retail Bank, Global Retail, and with the Commercial Banking, and prior to this with PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Mr. Davis said, “I am delighted to join Ecobank to drive forward the execution of the new strategy of this leading Pan-African bank. I look forward to helping enhance the capability of the finance function to deliver its mandate.
His appointment at Ecobank takes effect from October, 18th 2016. He will be relocating to Lome, Togo with his family.
Greg Davis holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economic and Social History from the University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
He is a Qualified Chartered Accountant and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
1. ETI Announces Appointment of Dan Sackey as MD, Ecobank Ghana & Regional Executive, Anglophone WA
2. ETI Q2'16 Conference Call & Earnings Presentation - The Key Takeaways
3. Ecobank Group Reports PBT of 204mln on Revenue Of 1.0bn for Q2 16
4. ETI Records 35.4 Drop in PAT in Q2 16 SP N12.74k
5. Ecobank announces consolidation of shares declares a dividend of US 48.2 million
ETI to Rationalize Branches to Drive Productivity
Ecobank announces consolidation of shares declares a dividend of US 48.2 million
ETI and Old Mutual Announce New Strategic Agreement
Ecobank Group Appoints Amin Manekia as Group Exec Corporate Investment Banking
ETI Q4 15 Q1 16 Conference Call Earnings Presentation The key takeaways
12. ETI Proposes 40kobo Dividend as PAT Dips by 67.6 in 2015 Result SP N13.90k
13. ETI Announces Laurence do Rego as Group Executive of Commercial Banking Business
14. ETI Appoints GTL Registrars Limited as its New Company Registrar
15. ETI Announces that Full Year 2015 Profit Will be Materially Lower than Expected