Friday, June 16, 2017 11:23AM / LCCI
The following Communique were reached at the Inaugural meeting of the Diaspora Day 2017 Local Organising Committee (LOC), held at the NNVS office; Presidency, Nigerian National Volunteer Service (NNVS), office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Shehu Shagari Complex, Three Arms Zone, Abuja. The meeting commenced at 11:30am Nigerian time, and ended at about 1:00pm.
1. 2016 Diaspora Day / Conference was focused on Diaspora making commitment to Nigerian National Development.
2. 2016 Diaspora Day / Conference was a success and all feedbacks have been taken into considerations by the NNVS to ensure greater success in 2017.
3. 2017 Diaspora Day / Conference will hold on 25th - 26th July, but Diasporas are expected to arrive on Monday 24th July for registration and accommodation.
4. 2017 Diaspora day / Conference will focus on Government creating an enabling environment for the Nigerian Diaspora to contribute to National Development.
5. NIDO is one and united at its Chapters, Continental and Worldwide levels. All NIDO projects for 2017 Diaspora Day will be presented under NIDO Worldwide platform.
6. NIDO is the umbrella organisation for the Nigerians in Diaspora, and official partner with Government (NNVS) in planning and execution of Diaspora Day / Conference.
7. NIDO is saddled with the responsibility to carry along all other Nigerian Diaspora Organisations for their participation in the 2017 Diaspora Day / Conference.
8. The theme of 2017 Diaspora day / Conference is “PROMOTING DIASPORA PARTICIPATION AND ENGAGEMENT FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT”.
9. 2017 Diaspora Day registration started on 15th May and will close on 11th July 2017.
10. NIDO Members and all Nigerians in Diaspora are advised to register for the 2017 Diaspora day by completing an online form at the Diaspora portal on NNVS website; http://diasporadayreg.nnvsnigeria.com/diasporadayreg/?q=node/1
11. Only duly registered Diasporas will receive accommodation and logistics support.
Abiodun Ogunsakin (Abey)
General Secretary – NIDO Europe / Coordinating General Secretary – NIDO Worldwide