Friday, July 29, 2016 12:38pm/ NSE
The Board of FBN Holdings Plc (FBNH) had, at its meeting held on July 19, 2016 resolved on the following nominations to its Board and the Board of its subsidiaries:
- Ms. Cecilia Akintomide and Mrs. Oluwande Muoyo were appointed to the Board of FBN Holdings Plc as Independent Non-Executive Directors. They are being appointed to fill the vacancy on the Board occasioned by the retirement of Alhaji Abdullahi Mahmoud and Mr. M.K Ahmad, OON, who was recently appointed by the Central Bank of Nigeria as the Chairman, Skye Bank Plc.
- Messrs.’ Akinlolu Osinbajo and Folaranmi Babatunde Odunayo have been nominated for appointment as Non-Executive Directors on the Board of FBN Merchant Bank Limited to strengthen the Board and in line with best corporate governance practices.
- Mr. Olugbenga Shobo, the Deputy Managing Director, FirstBank of Nigeria Limited was nominated for appointment as the Chairman of the Board of FBN General Insurance Limited whilst Mr. Bode Opadokun has been nominated for appointment as the Managing Director.
- Mrs. Titilayo Adebiyi and Alhaji Yusufu Modibbo have also been nominated for appointment as Independent Non-Executive Directors. On a related note, Mr. Johan Schalkwyk has been nominated for appointment as a Non-Executive Director by Sanlam Emerging Markets Limited; Technical Partners to FBN Insurance Limited.
- Mr. Folarin Alayande, the Head of Strategy, FBNH, was nominated for appointment as a Non-Executive Director on the Board of FBN Insurance Brokers Limited.
All these nominations/appointments have been made subject to regulatory approvals.
1. FBN Holdings Plc Announces Changes in IR Department
2. Devaluation Serves as Earnings Outperformance Catalyst for FBN Holdings Plc in H1 2016
3. FBN Holdings Plc: Strong FX Gain Tapers Impact of Impairment Loss
4. FBNH Declares N35.9bn Profit Records 10.5 PAT decline in Q2 16 SP N3.45k
5. FBNH Issues Notification of Invitation of FirstBank ED by the EFCC
6. FBNH Conference Call Update - Begins Complete Overhaul of Risk Mgmt Framework
7. FBNH - Impairment charges erode returns though not without Silver-lining
8. FBNH Q4 15 Q1 16 Conference Call Earnings Presentation The key takeaways
9. FBNH FY 15 Q1 16 results - House cleaning as earnings plunge NPL ratio at a 10 year high
10. FBNH Releases Q4 15 and Q1 16 Results Records 82 PAT decline in Q4 SP N3.31k
11. FBNH Board Approves 2015 Audited Results Awaits Regulatory Approval
12. FBN Holdings Plc Extends Closed Period to April 5 2016 Postpones Board Meeting
13. FBN Holdings Plc Holds Board Meeting on 22nd March 2016 To Observe Closed Period
14. FBN Holdings Plc Issues Profit Warning for Year Ended 31 December 2015-
15. FBN Holding Plc records 13.53% decline in PAT as Gross Earnings up by 17.46 in Q3 15
16. FBNH declares N40.1 billion PAT in Q2 15 result SP N7.80k
17. FBNH declares N22.6billion PAT in Q1 15 result SP N10.50k
18. FBNH Proposes 10kobo dividend 1 for 10 Bonus in 2014 Audited result