Monday, May 29, 2017 12.00pm/Presidency
In another round of repositioning of Ministries, Departments and Agencies(MDAs), Acting President Prof Yemi Osinbajo has approved the appointments of Mr Funso Doherty as the new Director-General of National Pension Commission(Pencom) and Mr Olukayode Pitan as the Managing Director of the Bank of Industry.
The Acting President also named Malam Dikko Aliyu Abdulrahman as Chairman, Governing Board of the Bank of Industry, Alhaji Ali Usman Chairman National Pension Commission and Mr Emeka Nwakpa Chairman of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC).
Executive Commissioners for the National Pension Commission also approved by the Presidency, include; Mr Akin Akinwale, Mr Ben Oviosun, Mr Nyerere Ayim, Mr Manase Benga and Mr Zaki Megawata.
In a press statement by Mr Chris Okeke of the office of the Secretary of Government the Pencom appointments, are subject to confirmation by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Mr Pitan takes over Mr Waheed Olagunju who was the erstwhile Ag. MD of the Bank of Industry since 2016.
The appointments according to the Presidency takes immediate effect.
1. President Buhari Approves New Board For NEITI
2. Democracy Day 2017 Speech by Ag Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN
3. Buhari Approves Reconstituted NSIA Board
4. FG Sets Up Inter-Ministerial Committee On Pension Liability
5. Buhari Approves Adedotun Sulaiman as Chairman of New Financial Reporting Council Board
6. President Buhari Suspends SGF and DG, NIA
7. Buhari appoints SGF, Chief of Staff, others 104 Appointments Made by Quoted Companies in 2016