Wednesday, January 18 2017 4:59 PM / Access Bank Plc
Access Bank has announced the appointment of Dr. Gregory Ovie Jobome, as Executive Director, Risk Management Division.
Dr. Jobome is a thorough bred banking profession with excellent academic pedigree. He obtained a First Class Degree in Economics from the University of Maiduguri in 1986 and a Distinction in Master of Business Administration from Obafemi Awolowo University in 1990. Dr Jobome also obtained a Master of Science Degree (1994) and a Doctorate Degree (2002) both in Economics and Finance from Loughborough University, UK.
He has over 25 years of work experience obtained from Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, University of Liverpool Management School, Manchester Business School and Access Bank Plc. He joined Access Bank Plc in July 2010 asa General Manager and Chief Risk Officer. Prior to joining the Bank, he was a Risk Management Consultant to Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. Dr Jobome has been instrumental to the many giant strides attained by the Bank in the risk management space.
Dr. Jobome is a highly sought after resource person and has held several key industry leadership positions including:
v Director, CRC Credit Bureau Ltd
v President, Risk Management Association of Nigeria between 2012 and 2015
v Member, Working Group on Regulatory Reforms of the Institute of International Finance
v Member, Capacity Building Committee, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
v Member , Board of Trustees, Risk Managers Association of Nigeria
v Member, Chief Risk Officers Forum
His appointment has been approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Commenting on the appointment, Mrs. Mosun Belo-Olusoga the Chairman of Access Bank said, "We are very delighted to welcome Dr. Jobome on the Board of Access Bank. He brings on board a very rich banking industry, academic cum board room experience relevant to our Bank. These skills will no doubt support our Bank’s quest to become the World’s Most Respected African Bank."
ABOUT ACCESS BANK PLC
Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of 310 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Nigeria, Sub-Saharan Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 5 business segments: Corporate and InvestmentBanking, Commercial Banking, Business Banking, Personal Banking, Operations and IT Divisions.
The Bank has over 800,000 shareholders including several Nigerian and International Institutional Investors and has enjoyed what is arguably Africa’s most successful banking growth trajectory in the last 16 years.
As part of its continued growth strategy, Access Bank is focused on mainstreaming sustainable business practices into its operations. The Bank strives to deliver sustainable economic growth that is profitable, environmentally responsible and socially relevant.
For further information on this appointment contact:
Head, Media Relations
Phone: +234 8032011590
1. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016, Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
2. Access Bank is Bank of the Year Nigeria - The Banker Magazine
3. World Finance Names Access Bank as Best Sustainable Bank 2016
4. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016, Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
5. Access Bank Plc wins Bank of the Year 2016 Nigeria at 17th Annual Global Banking Awards
6. Access Bank Plc - Key Takeaways from Investor Conference
7. FO Access Bank and Others Turn to the Bond Market
8. ACCESS declares N57.09 billion PAT in Q3 2016 Results SP N5.70k
9. Access Bank Plc Successfully Raises US 300m Eurobond
10.Access Bank Plans to Sell 19 Stake in Ghana Unit in IPO
11. Access Bank Announces Exchange Offer and Minimum New Issue Yield
12. Access Bank Plc -Tapping the Eurobond Current
13. Access Bank to Raise New Euro Bond