Wednesday, February 8 2017/ 6.10 PM /NBS
Registered products 2016 data revealed that 4,296 applications were received for new products registration, 7,679 products were presented for registration approval, 7,444 products were granted registration; 235 products registration were rejected and Zero number was withdrawn while fake and sub-standard products worth ₦1,035,000,000 were impounded during the year.
Data on imported products registered in the year under review reflected that 3,236 applications were received for new products registration, 2,262 products were presented for registration approval, 2,033 products were granted registration and 229 products registration were rejected.
Similarly, data on locally made products registered in the year under review reflected that 1,060 applications were received for new products registration, 5,417 products were presented for registration approval, 5,411 products were granted registration and 6 products registration were rejected.
It is worthy of note that Registration Applications Received is specific to New products only while Total Products Granted Registration comprises of New Products, Listing Products and Renewal of Registration Licenses.
Click Here to Download Registered Products 2016(PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
2. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
3. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
4. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
5. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
6. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
7. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
8. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
9. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
10. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
NBS Releases Preliminary Report on NAFDAC 2012 - 2014
2. NAFDAC blacklists 12 foreign companies