Tuesday, October 20, 2020 / 3.30PM / Ottoabasi Abasiekong for WebTV / Header Image Credit: EcoGraphics
The Lagos State Police Command following the 24-hour curfew announcement by the Governor of the State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, informed the public that henceforth it would not permit any protest, gathering or procession, under whatever guise.
The Police force said it has deployed adequate personnel to take charge and enforce the curfew across the state.
It regretted the fact that hoodlums who have hijacked the #ENDSARS protest, set ablaze the Orile Police Station today and injured several officers with unconfirmed reports that one of them has died.
The Police command warned the general public to comply with the curfew and desist from any acts of violence in the state.
Against the background of the curfew, Proshare Nigeria Limited, Nigeria's leading financial information hub has reactivated its R.A.W. (Remote Access Work) protocol.
It apologized for the unscheduled suspension of the physical service interface but assured clients and subscribers of its commitment to providing its service within the framework of global best governance practice throughout the curfew.
5. The #EndSARS Protests and the Problem of Police Reform in Nigeria - CSL Research, October 15, 2020
6. #EndSars Protest Movement A Watershed Moment in the Quest for Genuine Change in Nigeria - Ahmed Sule, Proshare, October 15, 2020
7. SARS and The Youth Revolt - Olusegun Adeniyi, Thisday, October 15, 2020
8. Appeal court declares Police Act 2020 illegal, nullifies constable recruitment - Punch, October 14, 2020
9. A Nigerian internet or social media shutdown? What to know and do - TechCabal, October 14, 2020
10. Presidential Panel on Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-Point Demand of Protesters - State House, Proshare, October 13, 2020
11. #EndSARS: Almost a Nigerian Revolution - Reuben Abati, Proshare, October 13, 2020
12. VIDEO: #EndSARS: President Buhari Reaffirms Disbandment of FSARS, Assures Nigerians of Police Reforms - WebTV, October 12, 2020
13. #EndSARS: IGP Orders Immediate Dissolution of FSARS Formation Nationwide - Proshare, October 11, 2020
14. Download PDF: Order and Directives - Restrictions on The Operations of Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad - Proshare, October 11, 2020
15. VIDEO: #EndSARS:The Quest For Reforms And Effective Policing In Nigeria - WebTV, October 10, 2020
16. President Buhari Signs the Nigeria Police Bill 2020 into Law - Proshare, September 17, 2020
18. The Kolade Johnson Killing: #ENDSARS #ReformPoliceNG Group Calls for Signing of Police Reform Bill - Proshare, April 05, 2019
19. VIDEO: Kolade Johnson Killing: #ENDSARS #ReformPoliceNG Group Call for Signing of Police Reform Bill - WebTV, April 05, 2019
20. NBS Publishes 2019 Corruption in Nigeria Survey Report - Proshare, December 06, 2019
21. 134,663 Crime Cases Were Reported in 2017 - NBS - Proshare, June 26, 2018
22. National Corruption Survey: Corruption in Nigeria - Bribery as Experienced by the Population - Proshare, August 16, 2017
27. PDF: Police Affairs / Budgets