Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12.40PM / EFCC
An international tax conference and capacity building workshop on the use of beneficial ownership information and recovery of assets in Africa will hold between April 26-28, 2017 at the Congress Hall, Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
The three-day conference is jointly organized by the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit, NFIU, and the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, in collaboration with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the World Bank Group.
It will provide a platform for the exchange of views regarding the importance of beneficial ownership information in detecting, tracking and preventing money laundering, tax evasion, corruption and other types of illicit financial flows. It will also examine processes and procedures for the recovery of assets, its role in curbing illicit financial flows and how existing practices can be made more effective and efficient.
The conference will feature prominent speakers including
· Dr. Adeyemi, Special Adviser on Economic Matters to the President;
· Mr. Tunde Fowler, Executive Chairman, Federal Inland Revenue Service;
· Mr. Francis Oka-Philips Usani, Head, NFIU;
· Mr. Jeffery Owens, Project Co-Director, Tax and Good Governance Project;
· Mr. Rick MccDonell, Project Co-Director, Tax and Good Governance and former Executive Secretary of the Financial Action Task Force, FATF.
The theme is “Nigeria Leads the Fight against Money Laundering, Bribery, Corruption and Tax Evasion”.