Wednesday, February 15, 2017/ 2:30 PM /NBS
Average price per litre paid by consumers for National Household Kerosene increased by 87.12% month-on-month and 93.19% year-on-year to N433.84 in January 2017 from N231.85 in December 2016.
States with the highest average price per litre of kerosene were Sokoto (N647.62), Niger (N625.00) & Edo (560.19).
States with the lowest average price per litre of kerosene were Ogun (N324.44), Zamfara (N300.00) and Plateau (N270.00).
Similarly, average price per gallon paid by consumers for National Household Kerosene increased by 38.92% year-on-year and 101.80% month-on-month to N1,434.44 in January 2017 from N1,032.59 in December 2016.
States with the highest average price per gallon of kerosene were Sokoto (N1,814.00), Taraba (N1,787.50) & Oyo & Taraba (1,700.00).
States with the lowest average price per litre of kerosene were Ogun (N1,182.14), Zamfara (N1,211.11) and Plateau (N1,232.35).
Click Here to Download Jan 2017 kerosene Price Watch (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
2. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
3. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
4. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
5. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
6. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
7. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
8. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
9. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
10. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
11. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
12. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
13. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
14. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
15. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
16. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
17. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
18. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Average Kerosene Price Drops to N231.85 in Dec’16 from N282.86 in Nov'16
2. Average Diesel Price Increases to N196.25 in Dec'16 from N195.67 in Nov'16
3. Average Petrol Price Stands at N146.7 in Dec'16; Same Figure Recorded in Nov'16
4. Average Petrol Price Increases to N146.7 in Nov'16 from N145.9 in Oct'16
5. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N282.86 in Nov’16 from N292.73 in Oct'16
6. Average Diesel Price Increases to N195.67 in Nov'16 from N187.25 in Oct'16