Wednesday, February 24, 2016 12.21PM / News
President Muhammadu Buhari has announced appointments to the Board of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) according to a statement from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF).
The composition of the new Governing Board is as follows:
1. Honourable Minister of Solid Minerals Development – Chairman
2. Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance – Member
3. Group Managing Director, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) – Member
4. President, Miners Association of Nigeria – Member
5. Representative of the Civil Society Organizations (to be elected by the organizations) – Member
6. President, Nigeria Mining and Geosciences Society – Member
7. President, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas (NUPENG) – Member
8. Hannatu Musa Musawa (Journalist), Representative, North-West Geo-Political zone– Member
9. Mr. Lawan Gana Lantaiwa (Consultant), Representative, North-East Geo-Political Zone – Member
10. Mr. Bernard B. A. Ver (Accountant), Representative, North-Central Geo-Political Zone – Member
11. Mrs. Anne Adaeze Onyekwena (Representative, South-East Geo-Political Zone) – Member
12. Mr. Emmanuel Chiejina (Lawyer), Representative, South-South Geo-Political Zone – Member
13. Mr. Gbenga Onayiga (Journalist), Representative, South-West Geo-Political Zone – Member
14. Mr. Waziri Onibiyo Adio - Executive Secretary The new Governing Board will be inaugurated in due course, the statement added.
14. Mr. Waziri Onibiyo Adio - Executive Secretary
The new Governing Board will be inaugurated in due course, the statement added.