Friday, January 20, 2016/ 3.35 AM / NBS Latest 2017 NBS Reports
The petroleum products imports statistics for Q4 2016 reflected that 4.83bn litres of premium motor spirits (PMS), 1.00 mln litres of automotive gas oil (AGO) and 182.9 mln litres of household kerosene (HHK), valued at N629.6bn, N136.1bn and N24.7bn respectively, were imported into the country in Q4 2016.
For the full year 2016, 18.8bn litres of premium motor spirits (PMS), 4.89bln litres of automotive gas oil (AGO) and 713.79 mln litres of household kerosene (HHK), valued at N2.01trn, N505.8bn and N70.7bn respectively, were imported into the country
The month of May 2016 recorded the highest volumes of premium motor spirits (PMS) imported into the country at 2.02bn litres valued at N249.88bn.
This coincides with the May 11th, 2016 official announcement by the Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Emmanuel Ibe kachikwu on the deregulation of PMS importation aimed at improving its supply nationwide.
Statewide distribution of truck-out volume for Q4 2016 showed that 4.83bn of premium motor spirits (PMS), 1.00 bln litres of automotive gas oil (AGO) and 182.95 mln litres of household kerosene were distributed nationwide during the period under review.
Click Here to Download Petroleum Products Import Statistics (PDF) Report
1. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
2. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
3. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
4. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
5. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Finally, Nigeria Removes Subsidy On Petrol, Deregulates Importation Of Fuel
2. Persistent Strain for Petroleum Marketers
3. Average Kerosene Price Drops to N231.85 in Dec’16 from N282.86 in Nov'16
4. Average Diesel Price Increases to N196.25 in Dec'16 from N195.67 in Nov'16
5. Average Petrol Price Stands at N146.7 in Dec'16; Same Figure Recorded in Nov'16
Latest 2017 NBS Reports