Friday, January 13, 2017 6.22 PM/NBS
NBS publishes December 2016 PMS/Petrol Price Watch. Actual price paid by consumers for petrol in December 2016 stood at N146.7 just as N146.7 was paid in November 2016 and lower than N119.7 paid in December 2015.
States with highest Average prices of Petrol in December 2016 were Kwara (N152), Bayelsa (N152) and Kebbi (N152). States with lowest Average price of Petrol were Lagos (N144), Oyo (N144) and Akwa Ibom (N144).
NB: The NBS report presents average monthly prices actually reportedly paid by households for PMS across the 36 States and FCT.
See complete breakdown for December 2016 below.
1. Average Petrol Price Increases to N146.7 in Nov'16 from N145.9 in Oct'16
2. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N282.86 in Nov’16 from N292.73 in Oct'16
3. Average Diesel Price Increases to N195.67 in Nov'16 from N187.25 in Oct'16
4. Average Kerosene Price Drops to N288.68 in Sep’16 from N298.19 in Aug'16
5. Average Diesel Price Drops to N192.69 in Sep'16 from N196.53 in Aug'16
6. Average Petrol Price Drops to N146.3 in Sep’16 from N147.3 in Aug'16
7. The Next Sector To Recover From The Oil Price Crash
8. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N310.29 in Jul’16 from N237.49 in June'16
9. Average Diesel Price Increases to N206.55 in Jul’16 from N183.41 in June'16
10. Average Petrol Price Drops to N147.67 in Jul’16 from N148.54 in Jun'16
11. An Oil Company Struggling to Produce Oil
12. Average Diesel Price Increases to N183 in Jun'16 from N148 in May'16
13. Average Petrol Price Drops to N148.54 in Jun’16 from N150.28 in May'16
14. Oil Industry Faces Huge Worker Shortage
15. Deficit Reduction at the NNPC
16. Nigeria Attracts Infrastructure Investment in Oil & Gas;Signs MOUs with Chinese firms worth $80bn
17. Dangote Lekki Refinery, Petrochemical projects will boost Nigeria's economy- Ambode
18. Average Petrol Price Drops to N150.28 in May’16 from N162.82 in Apr '16
19. 55% of Total Domestic Crude Oil supply in April 2016 was via Direct Sales Direct Purchase Agreement