Wednesday, February 15, 2017/ 12:30 PM /NBS
Average price paid by consumers for automotive gas oil (diesel) increased by 22.56% month-on-month and 50.06% year-on-year to N240.52 in January 2017 from N196.20 in December 2016.
States with the highest average price of diesel were Abuja & Bayelsa (N270), Delta (N256.77) & Cross River (256.36).
States with the lowest average price of diesel were Enugu (N230.78), Adamawa (N230.50) and Lagos, Oyo, Taraba (N230).
Click Here to Download Jan 2017 Diesel Price Watch (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
2. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
3. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
4. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
5. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
6. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
7. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
8. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
9. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
10. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
11. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
12. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
13. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. Average Diesel Price Increases to N196.25 in Dec'16 from N195.67 in Nov'16
2. Average Petrol Price Stands at N146.7 in Dec'16; Same Figure Recorded in Nov'16
3. Average Petrol Price Increases to N146.7 in Nov'16 from N145.9 in Oct'16
4. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N282.86 in Nov’16 from N292.73 in Oct'16
5. Average Diesel Price Increases to N195.67 in Nov'16 from N187.25 in Oct'16