Monday, July 18, 2016 9:10AM /NBS
NBS publishes AGO/Diesel price watch for June 2016.
Average price actually paid for AGO/Diesel by consumers in June 2016 stood at N183 from N148 in May 2016(rise of 23.3% yoy & 19.3% mom).
States with highest average price of diesel were Borno (N222), Taraba (N200) & Kebbi (200) and lowest Ogun (N173), Imo(N175) & Lagos(N176).
States with highest mom rise in average diesel prices were Osun (40.1%), Katsina (38.5%), Taraba(37.9%) and Bauchi (37.5%).
States with lowest mom rise in diesel prices were Cross River (-3.7%), Niger(4.9%), Kebbi(6.5%) and Nasarawa (9.5%)
NB: The NBS report presents average monthly prices actually reportedly paid by households for Diesel across the 36 States and FCT.
See complete breakdown for June 2016 below.
1. Average Petrol Price Drops to N148.54 in Jun’16 from N150.28 in May'16
2. Oil Industry Faces Huge Worker Shortage
3. Deficit Reduction at the NNPC
4. Nigeria Attracts Infrastructure Investment in Oil & Gas;Signs MOUs with Chinese firms worth $80bn
5. Dangote Lekki Refinery, Petrochemical projects will boost Nigeria's economy- Ambode
6. Average Petrol Price Drops to N150.28 in May’16 from N162.82 in Apr '16
7. 55% of Total Domestic Crude Oil supply in April 2016 was via Direct Sales Direct Purchase Agreement
8. FGN new price ceiling for petrol; a forced adjustment
9. Price Modulation of the Downstream Sector - Taking the Bull by the Legs
10. Queue of Product Tankers as Importers Search for USD$ to Pay for Cargoes
11. Average Petrol Price Rises to N162.82 in Apr’16 from N135.69 in Mar '16
12. Ben Akabueze - On Severe FX Shortages and Subsidy Removal Discussion
13. The Fuel Pricing Debate: Our Story – FGN
14. Implications of the new petrol price band
15. Finally, Nigeria Removes Subsidy On Petrol, Deregulates Importation Of Fuel
16. Why it is inevitable to take action against fuel subsidies
17. Average Petrol Price Rises to N135.69 in Mar’16 from N99.76 in Feb '16
18. CPI Rises to 12.8% in March; 1.4% Higher Than February Rate
19. Average Petrol Price drops to N99.76 from N109.59 in Jan '16
20. Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Rises to Double Digit; Increases by 11.4% YoY in February 2016
21. Average Petrol Price drops to N109.59 from N115.35 in Dec '15