Friday, March 17, 2017 1:20 PM/NBS
The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) disbursed the sum of N430.16bn to the three tiers of government in January 2017 from the revenue generated in December 2016.
The amount disbursed comprised of N248.72bn from the Statutory Account; N52.85bn from exchange gain; N42.99bn from Excess Petroleum Product Tax (PPT) Account; N79.27bn from Valued Added Tax (VAT) while the sum of N6.33bn was refunded to the Federal Government from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Federal government received a total of N168.03bn from the N430.16bn shared. States received a total of N114.28bn and Local governments received N85.40bn. The sum of N26.83bn was shared among the oil producing states as 13% derivation fund and N23.83bn transferred to the Excess Petroleum Product Tax (PPT) Account.
Revenue generating agencies, Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) received N3.56bn, N5.60bn and N2.55bn respectively as cost of revenue collection.
Further breakdown of revenue allocation distribution to the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) revealed that the sum of N145.72bn was disbursed to the FGN consolidated revenue account; N2.97bn shared as share of derivation and ecology; N1.49bn as stabilization fund; N4.99bn for the development of natural resources; and N3.69bn to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
Click Here to Download January 2017 FAAC (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Average Intercity Transport Fare Decreases to N1,411.87 in Feb’17 from N1430.63 in Jan’17
2. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased by 68% YoY in February 2017
3. Average Prices of PMS, AGO, HHK and Cooking Gas Price Watch - February 2017
4. CPI Drops to 17.78% in February 2017, 0.94% Lower Than 18.72% January Rate
5. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
6. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
7. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
8. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
9. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
10. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
11. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
12. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
13. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
14. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
15. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
16. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
17. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
18. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
19. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
20. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
21. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
22. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
23. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
24. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
25. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
26. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
27. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
28. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016