Monday, July 06, 2015 5:36 PM / Saheed Kiaribe
IMPORT PROHIBITION LIST
1. Live or Dead Birds including Frozen Poultry
2. Pork, Beef
3. Birds Eggs
4. Refined Vegetable Oils and Fats – [but excluding Linseed, Castor and Olive oils. Crude vegetable oil are however NOT banned from importation].
5. Cocoa Butter, Powder and Cakes – H
7. Fruit Juice in Retail Packs
8. Waters, including Mineral Waters and Aerated Waters containing added Sugar or Sweetening Matter or Flavoured, ice snow
9. Bagged Cement
10. Medicaments falling under Headings 3003 and 3004 as indicated below:
a) Paracetamol Tablets and Syrups
b) Cotrimoxazole Tablets Syrups
c) Metronidazole Tablets and Syrups
d) Chloroquine Tablets and Syrups
e) Haematinic Formulations; Ferrous Sulphate and Ferrous Gluconate Tablets, Folic Acid Tablets, Vitamine B Complex Tablet [except modified released formulations].
f) Multivitamin Tablets, capsules and Syrups [except special formulations].
g) Aspirin Tablets [except modified released formulation and soluble aspirin].
h) Magnesium trisilicate tablets and suspensions.
i) Piperazine tablets and Syrups
j) Levamisole Tablets and Syrups
k) Clotrimazole Cream
l) Ointments – Penecilin/Gentamycin
m) Pyrantel Pamoate tablets and Syrups
n) Intravenous Fluids [Dextrose, Normal Saline, etc.]
11. Waste Pharmaceuticals
12. Soaps and Detergents
13. Mosquito Repellant Coils
14. Sanitary Wares of Plastics and Domestic Articles and Wares of Plastics [but excluding Baby Feeding bottles] and flushing ceinstern and waterless toos toilets.
15. Rethreaded and used Pneumatic tyres but excluding used trucks tyres for rethreading of sized 11.00 x 20 and above 4012.2010.00.
16. Corrugated Paper and Paper Boards and cartons, boxes and cases made from corrugated paper and paper boards, Toilet paper, Cleaning or facial tissue - excluding baby diapers and incotinent pads for adult use 4818.4000.41 and Exercise Books.
17. Telephone Re-charge Cards and Vouchers
18. Textile Fabrics of all types and articles thereof and Yarn falling under the following H.S. Codes remain under import prohibition;
a. African print [Printed Fabrics] e.g. Nigeria wax, Hollandaise, English Wax, Ankara and similar Fabrics under the following H.S. Codes – 5208.5110 – 5208.5900, 5209.5100 – 5209.5900, 5212.5100, 5212.5100, 5212.2500, 5407.4400, 5407.5400, 5407.7400, 5407.8400, 5407.9400, 5408.2400, 5408.3400, 5513.4100 – 5513.4900, 5514.4100 – 5514.4900, 5516.1400, 5516.2400, 5516.3400, and 5514.4900.00
b. Carpets and Rugs of all types falling under H.S. Codes 5701.1000 – 5705.0000.
But excluding the Following:
a. Lace Fabrics, Georges and other embroided Fabrics falling under H.S. Codes 5801.2100 – 5801.9000, 5802.1100 - 5802.3000 and 5805.0000.00
b. Made-up Garments and other Textile articles falling under H.S. Codes 6101.2000 – 6310.9000.99
19. All types of Foot Wears and Bags including Suitcases of leather and plastics H.S. Codes 6401.1000.11 – 6405.9000.99 and 4202.1100.10 – 4202.9900.99 [but excluding Safety Shoes used in oil industries, Hospitals, Fire fighting and Factories, Sports Shoes, canvass shoes all Completely Knocked Down (CKD) blanks and parts]
20. Hollow Glass Bottles of a capacity exceeding 150mls (0.15 litres) of a kind used for packaging of beverages by breweries and other beverage and drink companies
21. Used Compressors – H.S. Code 8414.3000, Used Air Conditioners and Used Fridges/Freezers
22. Used Motor Vehicles above fifteen (15) years from the year of manufacture
23. Furniture – H.S. Codes 9401.1000.00 – 9401.9000.99 and 9403.1000 – 9404.9000, but excluding Baby walkers, laboratory cabinets such as microscope table, fume cupboards, laboratory benches (9403), Stadium Chairs, height adjustments device, base sledge, seat frames and control mechanism, arm guide and headguides. Also excluded are; skeletal parts of furniture such as blanks, unholstered or unfinished part of metal, plastics, veneer, chair shell etc. Also excluded are Motor Vehicle seats (9401.2000.00) and Seats other than garden seats or camping equipment, convertible into beds (9401.4000.00)
24. Ball Point Pens
GOODS: THE IMPORTATION OF WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED
1. Air Pistols
2. Airmail Photographic Printing Paper.
3. All counterfeit/pirated materials or articles including Base or Counterfeit Coin of any Country.
4. Beads composed of inflammable celluloid or other similar substances.
5. Blank invoices.
6. Coupons for Foreign Football pools or other betting arrangements.
8. Exhausted tea or tea mixed with other substances. For the purposes of this item, "exhausted tea" means any tea which has been deprived of its proper quality, strength, or virtue by steeping, infusion, decoction or other means.
9. Implements appertaining to the reloading of cartridges
10. Indecent or obscene prints, painting, books, cards, engraving or any indecent or obscene articles.
12. Matches made with white phosphorous.
13. Materials of any description with a design which, considering the purpose for which any such material is intended to be used, is likely in - the opinion of the president to create a breach of the peace or to offend the religious views of any class of persons in Nigeria.
14. Meat, Vegetables or other provisions declared by a health officer to be unfit for human consumption.
15. Piece goods and all other textiles including wearing apparel, hardware of all kinds' crockery and china or earthenware goods bearing inscriptions (whether in Roman or Arabic characters) from the Koran or from the traditions and commentaries on the Koran.
16. Pistols disguised in any form.
17. Second-hand clothing.
18. Silver or metal alloy coins not being legal tender in Nigeria.
19. Nuclear Industrial waste and other Toxic waste
20. Spirits: -
Other than -
•Alcoholic bitters, liqueurs, cordials and mixtures admitted as such in his discretion by the Comptroller-General and which are not deemed to be injurious spirits within the meaning of any enactment or law relating to liquor or liquor licensing.
•Brandy, i.e. a Spirit Distilled in Grape-growing countries from fermented grape juice and from no other materials and Stored in wood for a period of three years;
•Drugs and medicinal spirits admitted as such in his discretion by the Comptroller-General.
•Gin, i.e. Spirit- Produced by distillation from a mixed mash of cereal grains only saccharified by the diastase of malt and the Flavoured by redistillation with juniper berries and other vegetable ingredients and of a brand which has been notified as an approved brand by notice in the Gazette and in containers labeled with the name and address of the owner of the brand; or
•Produced by distillation at least three times in a pot-still from mixed mash or barley, rye and maize saccharified by diastase of malt - and then rectified by re-distillation in a potstill after the addition of juniper berries and other vegetable materials.
•Methylated or denatured spirit, i.e. - Mineralized Methylated spirit mixed as follows: - To every ninety parts by volume of spirits nine and one-half parts by volume of wood naphtha and one-half of one part by volume of crude pyridine and to every 455 litres of the mixture 1.7 litres of mineral naphtha or petroleum oil and not less than 0.7 grammes by weight of powdered aniline dye (Methyl violet) and so in proportion for any quantity less than 455 litres; and
•Industrial Methylated spirit imported under license from the Comptroller-General and mixed as follows: - To every ninety-five parts by volume of spirits five parts by volume of wood naphtha and also one-half of one part by volume of the mixture; and
•Spirits denatured for a particular purpose in such manner as the Comptroller-General in any special circumstance may permit;
•Rum i.e. a Spirit - Distilled direct from sugar-cane products in sugar-cane growing countries; and Stored in wood for a period of three years.
•Spirits imported for medical or scientific purposes, subject to such conditions as the Comptroller-General may prescribe;
•Spirits totally unfit for use as portable spirits admitted to entry as such in the discretion by the Comptroller-General; and
•Whisky, i.e. a Spirit- Obtained by distillation from a mash or cereal grains saccharified by diastase of malt; and
•Stored in wood for a period of three years.
•Containing more than forty-eight and one-half per centum of pure alcohol by volume except denatured, medicated and perfumed spirits, and such other spirits which the Comptroller-General, in his discretion, may allow to be imported subject to such conditions as he may see fit to Impose.
•Weapons of any description which in the opinion of the Comptroller-General are designed for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other similar substance and any ammunition containing or in the opinion of the Comptroller- General or adapted to contain any noxious liquid, gas or other similar substances