Saturday, March 07, 2015 2.55 PM / FDC
Postponement or Devaluation: A Choice between Bad & Worse
When the price of oil crashed to $45pb, it seemed that the wheels had come off the Nigerian economy.
Surely but reluctantly the economic adjustments have started. The main question now is what are the effects of these measures on manufacturers, investors and markets?
Another issue is the fear that accompanied the abolition of the RDAS auction and the adoption of an interbank forex system with a rate of N199/$. The parallel market is now trading at N226/$.
At this month’s LBS breakfast session, Bismarck Rewane and the FDC team look at the effects of a N200/$ exchange rate and the possibility of a naira recovery in the near term.
1. LBS Executive Breakfast Session? March 2015
2. The Falling Naira: Are you Prepared? – Jan ’15 LBS Executive Breakfast Session ...
3. Ensuring the naira trades close to its ‘fair value’
4. USD/Naira is N211 today in the Black Market - 280115
5. Worst Case Scenario - Naira
6. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - November 2014 - Proshare
7. LBS Breakfast Meeting – Oct 2014 - Proshare
8. LBS Executive Breakfast Session SEPT 2014 - Proshare
9. LBS Executive Breakfast Session for JULY 2014 - Proshare
10. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - June 2014 ... - Proshare