Friday, May 31, 2019 10:50AM /by FDC Ltd
May 29th inauguration day has come and gone, but for Nigerians it is usually for a change of batons from the old to the new administration. It is also a time for a reaffirmation of commitment and renewal of promises by re-elected incumbents.
This year as President Buhari took his solemn oath in a low-key celebration, most Nigerians were reflecting on the macroeconomic impact of Buhari’s policies and fight against corruption on their lives and wellbeing.
Buhari’s policies have helped the economy to recover from a deep recession, which is currently experiencing a slow but fragile growth. However, unemployment is at record levels (23.1%) and inflation is yet to fall sharply (11.37%).
The Nigerian people have given Team Buhari a second term and are hopeful that things will soon change for the better.
Kindly find below the slides presented by Bismarck Rewane and the FDC Think Tank at the Channels TV Inauguration discourse.
1. Nigeria’s GDP Grew By 2.01% YoY In Real Terms In Q1 2019
2. For the Poor, Falling Poverty Numbers Aren’t Always Good News
3. Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary – WE 17th May, 2019
4. From Recession to Growth: The Story Of Nigeria’s Recovery From The 2016 Economic Recession – Godwin Emefiele, CBN Governor, May 17, 2019
5. Headline Inflation Increases By 11.37% YoY in April 2019; 0.12% Higher Than March 2019 Rate
6. NBS to Publish Q1, 2019 Nigerian GDP Figures on May 20th
7. Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary – WE 10th May, 2019
8. Moderating Inflation Rate – Any Policy Response?
9. The New Agenda: Continuity or Change? – LBS Executive Breakfast Session – May 2019
10. Weekly Economic and Financial Commentary – WE 03rd May, 2019
11. Nigeria: The Present And Future Of The Economy Lies With The Private Sector
12. Budget 2019: The Hidden Monsters – Proshare Confidential, Feb 13, 2019
13. Steering Nigeria Through The Inclusive Growth Pathway: What Strategy Should The Government Adopt?