Friday, December 11, 2015 5:54 AM / FDC
As 2015 draws to an end, investors cannot believe that so much has happened in so short a time. From the peaceful elections to the smooth transition; then there was economic denial and oblivion and let’s not forget the increase in insurgency. Needless to say, it is a year most will prefer to forget.
Essentially, 2016 will be a year of economic growth, recovery and naira adjustment. We can expect to say a final farewell to petrol subsidies, as commodities are drawn deeper into the tornado of crashing prices. The naira/dollar value will be a product of a set of economic parameters that will allow for a managed floating rate. Effectively, when the price of oil increases, the naira will appreciate and vice versa. Interest rates will decline consistently throughout the year.
Additionally, we anticipate that election annulments and high profile conviction of corrupt public officers will keep us occupied and keep newspapers in business.
All in all, 2016 will be a year of reality as we bid goodbye to vanity. Indeed, it will be a year to remember!
These issues and more are addressed by Bismarck Rewane and his team of analysts, in this edition of the LBS breakfast session
1. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - Nov2015 (Re: Fantasy economics & the value of the Naira)
2. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - Oct2015 (Re: All the Presidents' Men - Dream team or Lightweights) – Oct 14, 2015
3. The 7 Game Changers Nigerians must come to terms with! – Sept 06, 2015
4. Memo to the President - Beyond an Empty Treasury – Jul 07, 2015
5. Paradox of Nigeria's Economic Growth and Poverty Levels ... – Mar 22, 2012
6. 100 days After: The 7 Game Changers Nigerians ... – Proshare
7. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - September 2015
8. Buhari: Slow Start or Guessing Game - LBS July 2015
9. LBS Executive Breakfast Session - June 2015 (Re: Reflating a Strangulating Economy)
10. Leadership Change is not a System Change: LBS Executive Breakfast - April 2015
11. LBS Executive Breakfast Session? March 2015
Disclaimer/Advice to Readers:
While the website is checked for accuracy, we are not liable for any incorrect information included. The details of this publication should not be construed as an investment advice by the author/analyst or the publishers/Proshare. Proshare Limited, its employees and analysts accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of this information. All opinions on this page/site constitute the authors best estimate judgement as of this date and are subject to change without notice. Investors should see the content of this page as one of the factors to consider in making their investment decision. We recommend that you make enquiries based on your own circumstances and, if necessary, take professional advice before entering into transactions. This article is published with the consent of the author(s) for circulation to the online investment community in accordance with the terms of usage. Further enquiries should be directed to the author whose e-mail is Financial Derivatives Company Limited [E-mail: email@example.com]