Monday, December 17, 2018 7.00PM / SEC Nigeria
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria in a press release this evening confirmed it is aware of the merger between Access Bank and Diamond Bank.
From the statement SEC Nigeria says it has been informed of the intention of Access Bank and Diamond Bank to go into a merger.
Access bank and Diamond Bank have both notified the Commission and the general public. It is a notice to merge, they have not merged yet.
However, SEC Nigeria is awaiting their application on the matter.
"The SEC received on Monday, Dec 17 2018, notice of intention by Diamond Bank & Access Bank to merge. The Commission is currently waiting for their formal Application".
Visit Access Bank Plc
IR Page on Proshare MARKETS
Visit Diamond Bank Plc
IR Page on Proshare MARKETS
Related News on Access Bank Plc
1. Access Bank Gains N20.25b In Market CAP Today - ACCESS Grows By 9.40% As DIAMONDBNK Gains 9.47%
2. ACCESS, DIAMONDBNK Share Prices Move Up On Potential Merger News
3. Access Bank Confirms The Signing of Memo of Agreement with Diamond Bank Over A Potential Merger
4. Fitch Affirms Access Bank at 'B'; Stable Outlook
5. Nigerian Banks' Eurobond Buybacks Show Better FC Liquidity - Fitch
6. Diamond Bank Losses N5.33b In Market CAP in Two Days - ACCESS Grows 1.95%; DIAMOND Losses -17.97%
7. Access Bank and Diamond Bank Issue Denials on M and A
8. Why Diamond Bank Opted For A CBN-Managed Acquisition By Access Bank Over The Carlyle Group
9. Access Bank Plc 2018- 2022 Strategy – Presentation
10. 2018-2022 Transformational Strategy: Access Bank targets 30ml customers
11. Access Bank Launches New Five-Year Strategy – to Become Africa’s Gateway to the World
12. Access Bank Plc IR Page on Proshare MARKETS
13. ACCESS declares N62.91bn PAT in Q3 2018 Results,(SP:N8.0k)
14. ACCESS Declares N39.63bn PAT in Q2 2018 Results;Propose 25k Interim Dividend,(SP:N9.50k)
15. ACCESS Declares N22.12bn PAT in Q1 2018 Results,(SP:N11.35k)
16. ACCESS declares N61.99 bn PAT in Q4 2017 Results, Proposes N0.40k Dividend Per share(SP:N11.75k)
Related News on Diamond Bank Plc
17. Access Bank Gains N20.25b In Market CAP Today - ACCESS Grows By 9.40% As DIAMONDBNK Gains 9.47%
18. Diamond Bank Selects Access Bank As Preferred Bidder For Potential Merger
19. ACCESS, DIAMONDBNK Share Prices Move Up On Potential Merger News
20. What Does It Mean That Independent Directors Accuse Diamond Bank Of Corporate Governance Issues?
21. Fitch Downgrades Diamond Bank to 'CCC'
22. Nigerian Banks' Eurobond Buybacks Show Better FC Liquidity - Fitch
23. Diamond Bank Receives CBN Approval To Operate As A National Bank
24. DIAMONDBNK, PRESTIGE and FCMB Lead Top Losers Table Week To Date
25. DIAMONDBNK Lost N5.09bn This Week To Date; Extends November Loss to N15.75bn
26. DIAMONDBNK Has Lost N12.74bn in Market CAP, 39.01 per cent Month To Date
27. Diamond Bank Plc - Overblown Fright Or Justified Concerns?
28. Diamond Bank Trades 59% of Total Market Volume; Hits 208.68m, Highest in 10 Months
29. Diamond Bank Losses N5.33b In Market CAP in Two Days - ACCESS Grows 1.95%; DIAMOND Losses -17.97%
30. Access Bank and Diamond Bank Issue Denials on M and A
31. Why Diamond Bank Opted For A CBN-Managed Acquisition By Access Bank Over The Carlyle Group
32. Diamond Bank Plc IR Page on Proshare MARKETS
33. Nigerian Diamond Bank Downgraded On Weaker-Than-Expected Asset Quality; Outlook Negative
34. Diamond Bank Plc Postpones 9M 2018 Conference Call Due to Unforeseen Circumstances
35. DIAMONDBNK Declares N1.65bn PAT in Q3 2018 Result,(SP:N1.44k)
36. Diamond Bank Plc 9M 2018 - Underlying Pressures Persist
37. Diamond Bank Plc Refutes Recent Speculations On Capital Injection
38. Diamond Bank Plc Announces The Resignation of Board Chairman and Three Non-Executive Directors
39. Diamond Bank Issues Notice on CBN Levy on London Stock Exchange – Sep 07, 2018
40. CBN Debits Diamond Bank’s Accounts for the Full Amount of the Fine Levied Against It
41. One Week After CBN Fines –MTN Share Price Drops by 31.06%; DIAMONDBNK and STANBIC Also Drop
42. CBN Debits the Account of Stanbic IBTC Bank In Respect of N1.886bn Regulatory Fine
43. Banks, MTN Engage CBN Over $8.1b Fine; Factually Incorrect Premises Highlighted
44. MTN Nigeria, Banks and CBN Action – An Update and Initial Commentary
45. MTN Replies Nigeria’s CBN – You Approved The Funds Repatriated
46. CBN Clamps Down on Four Banks; Writes MTN to Refund $8bn
47. DIAMONDBNK Declares N1.79bn Profit in Q2 2018 Results,(SP:N1.40k)
48. Diamond Bank Plc Appoints Mr Oluseyi Bickersieih as a Director andChairman of its Board
49. Diamond Bank Plc Announces Its Closed Period and Board meeting
50. Diamond Bank Plc Announces The retirement of Prof. Chris Ogbechie from its Board
51. Nigeria-Based Diamond Bank 'B- and B' And 'ngBB and ngB' Ratings Affirmed; Outlook Negative
52. Diamond Bank Plc IR Page
53. Diamond Bank Plc FY 2017 and Q1 2018 Conference Call and Earnings Presentation - The Key Takeaways
54. Diamond Bank Plc Releases FY2017 and Q1 2018 Results After Delay in Filing
55. Q1 2018 Results Summary – 97 Quoted Companies Filed Quarterly Financial Statements
56. Why These Listed Companies Have Delayed Filing Results As At March 31, 2018
57. Diamond Bank Seeks Extension For 2017 And Q1’ 2018 Accounts To May 2018
58. Diamond Bank Divests Its 100% Holding in Diamond Bank UK; To Focus on Nigeria
59. Diamond Bank Plc Announces Planned Divestment from Diamond ... Nov 3, 2017
60. Diamond Bank Plc Announces Delay in Filing FY 2017 Financial ...