Saturday, July 13, 2019 08:00 AM / Proshare Content
Nigeria: Economic Dashboard @120719
Source: Vetiva Fixed Income Report– July 12, 2019
System liquidity improved today to ?349 billion, as the Interbank Call rate moderated 79bps to 2.20%.
Following the sizable yield decline in yesterday’s session, trading was largely sell-side driven in the T-bills space today as yields advanced 13bps (-82bps w/w) on average. The 140DTM paper advanced 78bps to settle at 10.35% while the 216DTM paper advanced 92bps to settle at 12.52%. In the bond space, market activity was mixed as average yield on benchmark bonds advanced a meager 2bps (-11bps w/w) in today’s session. The 16.24% FGN APRIL 2037 bond advanced 27bps to settle at 14.34%, the largest yield advance amongst the benchmark bonds.
The fixed income market traded positively throughout the week, largely driven by healthy system liquidity and the SDF directive implemented by the CBN. However, trading turned negative today as some investors held on to some of their offers, while others sold. We expect demand in the T-bills space to remain relatively mixed at the start of the week. Meanwhile, in the bond market we expect investors to take a cautious approach to the space at the beginning of the week, as they await guidance on future rate movements from the CBN.
Sunday, July 14, 2019
The National Bureau of Statistics will on this day release the CPI and Inflation Report for June 2019.
Monday, July 15, 2019
Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc will on this day hold its Annual General Meeting at Agip Hall, Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos, while the National Bureau of Statistics will on the same day release the reports for Automotive GAS Oil (Diesel) Price WATCH June 2019, Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) May 2019, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Cooking Gas) Price Watch June 2019, National Household Kerosine Price Watch June 2019, Premium Motor Spirit ( Petrol) Price Watch Jine 2019 & Premium Motor Spirit (Petrol) Price Watch June 2019.
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
The Unveiling of a book titled “Frontier Capital Markets and Investment banking” co-authored by Temitope Oshikoya and Kehinde Durosinmi-Etti will hold on this day at the Civic centre, Lagos, Nigeria while the ICT & Telecommunication Expo will hold on the same day at Landmark Centre, Lagos, Nigeria.
The National Bureau of Statistics will release the Manufacturing Survey, SELECTED FOOD PRICES June 2019 & Transport Fare Watch (June 2019)
Wednesday, July 17, 2019
The NASD OTC Securities Exchange will on this day hold its Annual General Meeting at Westwood Hotel, 22 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi while, the Economic Associates One-Day Conference on Nigeria's Economic Outlook will hold on the same day at Radisson Blu Hotel nd Anchorage, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue Victoria Island, Lagos.
The Lagos Commodities and Future Exchange and the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS) will on this day hold a Joint Training Program with the theme: Understanding Commodities Market & Trading at Lagos Commodities & Future Exchange UAC Buliding (First Floor), Lagos-Island while, A2-Day FIDIC Contracts Training Course will hold on the same day at Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lagos 3, Lekki Road, Victoria Island Lagos.
Thursday, July 18, 2019
The Tourist Company of Nigeria Plc will on this day hold its Annual General Meeting at Federal Palace Hotel & Casino, 6-8, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, while the Nigeria Real Estate Summit and Expo (NIRESE) will hold on the same day at the Muson Centre, Lagos.
The CEO's Honors: The 2019 Africa CEO Merit Awards will hold on this day with the theme: Applauding Entrepreneurs at Nigerian Merit Award Secretariat, Merit House, Maitama, Abuja while the Nigerian-British Chambers of Commerce will on this day hold a session on Blockchain: Rethinking Business Systems at the Lagos Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island.
Lafarge Africa Plc will on this day hold its Facts Behind the Figures & Closing Gong Ceremony at the Stock Exchange.
Friday July 19, 2019
The National Bureau of Statistics will on this day release the Transport Fare Watch (July 2019)
Check out our Events Calendar for event details and follow us on Web, TV, APP and Social Media for updates as the week unfolds. Yours to Serve!
Contact for Details:
For further information, enquiry or submission of information, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Tel: 0700PROSHARE (070077674273). Call us NOW!
Latest Reports This Past Week
1. 1.01m Passport Applications Received in 2018 - NBS
2. FAAC Disburses N616.20bn in May 2019 - NBS
3. NIPOST Generates N7.05bn As Revenue in 2018 - NBS
4. Average Price of 1kg of Rice Increased By 1.07% MoM to N361.39 in May 2019 - NBS
5. Average Fare Paid For Bus Journey Within City Decreased By -2.74% MoM to N176.28 in May 2019 - NBS
Latest Videos This Past Week
View More Economy, Business, Finance, Investment, Creative Art Videos from WebTV Here
Previous Week(s) Market Outlook
1. What To Expect From The Markets This Week - 080719
2. What To Expect From The Markets This Week - 240619
3. What To Expect From The Markets This Week - 100619
4. What To Expect From The Markets This Week - 030619
5. What To Expect From The Markets This Week - 270519
1. Investors Lose N264.97bn As NSEASI Dips By -1.86%; Closes Below 29,000bpts
2. Investors Lose N29.93bn As Market Sentiment Turns Negative
3. NSEASI Inches Up By 0.10% As Market Sentiment Remains Positive Amid Negative Breadth
4. Investors Gain N7.46bn To Open The Week Positive; Halts Negative Market Posture
Read More - The Monthly Proshare CONFIDENTIAL
1. MTN Listing: Price Momentum Breaks on Rise In Traded Stocks; Proshare Writes Memo to Market
2. Budget 2019: The Hidden Monsters
3. Surviving Uncertain Times in the Nigerian Financial Market
4. The Rich, The Poor and Buharinomics
5. Nigerian Banks’ Performance – H1 2018
6. AMCON and Financial Services Debt Burden in Nigeria
7. Poverty Tracker and Nigeria: Raising The Red Flag
8. POCKET Economics: Addressing Income Inequality
9. The Silent Drug Epidemic: A Gathering Storm
10. Judging IMF’s Position on Development Indices
11. Money Market: The Folk Road
12. The Headache of Missing Targets
13. 2018 Outlook on the Nigerian Economy: The Need for an Even Keel
14. Nigeria External Economy and the White Noise of Import Dependency
15. States and the Rising Weight of Debt
16. Money Supply: Reeling from Policy Response
17. How Rail and Energy Will Deliver a Robust Economy for Nigeria
18. Too Big Government: The Hysteria of Developmental Quagmire
19. The Nigerian Debt Conundrum and the Need for Automatic Stabilizers