Friday, January 27, 2016/ 11.05 PM / NBS
A total volume of 910,186,115 transactions valued at N65.16 trn were recorded in 2016 as data on Electronic Payment Channels in the Nigeria Banking Sector revealed. ATM transactions dominated the volume of transactions recorded. 590, 238, 934 volume of ATM transactions valued at N4.98 trn were recorded in 2016.
In terms of credit to private sector, a total of N59.56 trn worth of credit was allocated by banks in 2016. Services and Industry got credit allocation of N23.07trn and N22.85 trn to record the highest credit allocation in the year under review.
As at Q4, 2016, the total number of banks’ staffs dropped from 82,540 in Q3 2016 to 76,812 in Q4 2016
Click Here to Download Selected Banking Sector Q4 2016 (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
2. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
3. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
4. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
5. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016
1. SEC Warns Against Investments in Crypto-currencies and other Virtual or Digital Currencies
2. SimbaPay Launches Mobile Money Transfer Service to Ghana and Uganda
3. Forward movement in e-payments
4. Sweden’s Central Bank Considers Issuing A Digital Currency
5. The Case Against Cash