Saturday, October 11, 2019 01:00 PM / LIRS / Header Image Credit: LIRS
The Lagos State Internal Service
(LIRS) wishes to inform the General Public, especially our esteemed taxpayers
of the launch of our Enterprise Tax Administration System (eTax).
eTax is a digital tax
administration solutions that captures all aspects of taxation from end to end.
it is a multi-channel tax and levies payment solution that enables payment of
all forms taxes via the web and mobile.
The introduction of eTax is in furtherance
of LIRS's commitment to build convenience into the payment of taxes, whilst
reducing compliance cost and increasing the effectiveness of tax administration
in the State. its self-service feature reduces turnaround time for tax
The eTax portal was built with
taxpayers in mind and it offers the under listed features and capabilities;
- Taxpayer registration with a unique identification
- instant issuance of treasury receipts
- Online Annual Returns filing for both individual and corporate taxpayers
- Notification of taxpayer assessment, audit reports and liabilities
- Access to assessment details and objection status
- Emails and SMS notification for tax remittance and access to tax payment history
- On-built tax calculator for estimated self-assessment
- Ability to upload PAYE schedules, payments and print out treasury receipts
- Ability to upload Withholding Tax (WHT) schedules with receipts and view WHT credit
By this notice, all taxpayer and
tax consultants are hereby enjoined to take full advantage of the eTax portal
to perform their civic duties.
The portal can be accessed via etax.lirs.net
For further enquiries, please
visit our website (www.lirs.gov.ng) or the nearest tax station.
Business Owners Groan Under Poor Infrastructure; Ask For Tax Breaks
Filing for a Tax Extension
LIRS Extends The
Deadline For Filing 2018 PAYE Returns
Employers To Deduct and Remit CGT On Compensation for Loss of Employment
Tax On Payments To Employees For Loss Of Employment - Initial Thoughts
Payers Of Capital Sum Inclusive Of Employers As Collecting Agents
Working on the Nigerian Offshore Oil-drilling Platforms - Who Gets the Tax?
Tax Planning: Is
there any Legal and Moral Benefit?
Clarification on the Taxation of Interest Benefit on Loans granted to Employees
entertainers and sportsmen in Nigeria: What, how and where?
Guide to Fiscal
Information - Key Economies in Africa 2017