Thursday, March 23, 2017/ 6:12 PM /NSE
FBN Holdings Plc (‘FBNH’ or ‘ The Company’) wishes to inform its stakeholders that the Company will not be able to file its Audited Financial Statements (AFS) for the year ended December 31, 2016 by March 31, 2017 as required under the rules of the Nigeria Stock Exchange (‘Exchange’ or ‘NSE’).
The reason for the delay is purely due to the peculiarity of FBNH’s Group structure. FBNH has subsidiary companies operating in the Banking and Insurance sectors as well as the Capital market, all with a common financial year end of December 31 alongside the holding company.
Each of these subsidiaries needs to audit its financial statements and obtain the approval of its respective regulator prior to submission of FBNH for consolidation. Thereafter, FBNH is also required to obtain the approval of its primary regulator before submission and filing with the Commission.
In view of this, the company sought and was granted a 30-day extension by the NSE to submit the accounts on or before April 30, 2017.
1. Is FBNH the Rick Grimes of Nigeria?
2. Asset Quality Challenges Continue to Bite FBN Holdings Earnings, retain BUY
3. FBNH Declares N42.52 bn Profit in Q3 16 SP N3.00k
4. FirstBank Partners Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce to drive MSME Growth.
5. FBN Holdings Plc Appoints Mr. Patrick Iyamabo as CFO for FirstBank of Nigeria Limited
6. Appointments within the FBN Holdings Group
7. FBN Holdings Plc Strong FX Gain Tapers Impact of Impairment Loss
8. Devaluation Serves as Earnings Outperformance Catalyst for FBN Holdings Plc in H1 2016
9. FBN Holdings Plc: Strong FX Gain Tapers Impact of Impairment Loss
10. FBNH Declares N35.9bn Profit Records 10.5 PAT decline in Q2 16 SP N3.45k
11. FBNH Issues Notification of Invitation of FirstBank ED by the EFCC
12. FBNH Conference Call Update - Begins Complete Overhaul of Risk Mgmt Framework
13. FBNH - Impairment charges erode returns though not without Silver-lining
14. FBNH Q4 15 Q1 16 Conference Call Earnings Presentation The key takeaways
15. FBNH FY 15 Q1 16 results - House cleaning as earnings plunge NPL ratio at a 10 year high
16. FBNH Releases Q4 15 and Q1 16 Results Records 82 PAT decline in Q4 SP N3.31k
17. FBNH Board Approves 2015 Audited Results Awaits Regulatory Approval
18. FBN Holdings Plc Extends Closed Period to April 5 2016 Postpones Board Meeting
19. FBN Holdings Plc Holds Board Meeting on 22nd March 2016 To Observe Closed Period
20. FBN Holdings Plc Issues Profit Warning for Year Ended 31 December 2015-
21. FBN Holding Plc records 13.53% decline in PAT as Gross Earnings up by 17.46 in Q3 15
22. FBNH declares N40.1 billion PAT in Q2 15 result SP N7.80k
23. FBNH declares N22.6billion PAT in Q1 15 result SP N10.50k
24. FBNH Proposes 10kobo dividend 1 for 10 Bonus in 2014 Audited result