Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:03 AM/NBS
Selected food price watch data for February 2016 reflected that the average price of 1 dozen of Agric eggs medium size increased year-on-year by 53.33% and month-on-month by 1.40% to N520.16 in February 2017 from N512.99 in January 2017 while the average price of piece of Agric eggs medium size increased year-on-year by 43.03% and decreased month-on-month by 9.52% to N42.90 in February 2017 from N47.42 in January 2017.
The average price of 1kg of tomato increased year-on-year by 13.13% and decreased month-on-month by 4.41% to N236.62 in February 2017 from N247.55 in January 2017.
The average price of 1kg of rice (imported high quality sold loose) increased year-on-year by 68.10% and month-on-month by 2.13% to N410.58 in February 2017 from N402.01 in January 2017.
Similarly, the average price of 1kg of yam tuber increased year-on-year by 43.92% and month-on-month by 2.36% to N215.55 in February 2017 from N210.58 in January 2017.
Click Here to Download February 2017 Average Food Price Watch (PDF) Report
Latest 2017 NBS Reports
1. Nigeria Produced 43.49m Tons of Solid Minerals in 2016 - NBS
2. NIPOST Generates N8.84bn Revenue in 2016 - NBS
3. Q4 2016 Merchandise Trade Intensity - Total Trade Grows by 6.5% in 2016
4. Merchandise Trade Grows in Q4 2016 - Records First Quarterly Positive Trade Balance Since Q4 2015
5. JAMB Received 11.7m Applications Between 2010 and 2016
6. Average Kerosene Price Increases to N433.84 in Jan'17 from N231.85 in Dec'16
7. Average Intracity Transport Fare Increases to N122 in Jan'17 from N84.29 in Dec'16
8. Average Cooking Gas Price Increases to N2,567.56 in Jan’17 from N2,002.16 in Dec’16
9. Average Diesel Price Increases to N240.52 in Jan’17 from N196.20 in Dec’16
10. Average Petrol Price Increases to N148.7 in Jan'17 from N146.7 in Dec'16
11. CPI Rises to 18.72% in January 2017, 0.17% Higher Than 18.55% December 2016 Rate
12. GENCOs Issued Total Invoice of N331bn to DISCOs in 2016
13. Nigeria Produced 5.79 mln Tonnes of Fish Between 2010 and 2015
14. 4,296 Applications Were Received by NAFDAC for New Products Registration in 2016 - NBS
15. 19,833 Vessels Berthed At Nigerian Ports Between 2013 and 2016 - NBS
16. Total Value of Capital Imported into Nigeria in Q4 2016 Estimated at $1,548.88mln - NBS
17. Telecoms Sector Contributes N1,399bn to GDP in Q3 2016 - NBS
18. FAAC Disburses N426.88bn in December 2016 - NBS
19. Banking Sector Records 910.18m Volume of Transaction in 2016 on Electronic Payment Channels - NBS
20. Daily Energy Generation Attained a Peak of 3,859.59MW in Q4 2016 - NBS
21. 10.8% of Nigeria's Total Working Population Are Registered Under The National Pension Scheme - NBS
22. Nigeria Imports 4.83 bn Litres of PMS in Q4 2016 - NBS
23. 72.53% of Nigeria’s Prison Population in 2015 were Un-sentenced - NBS
24. Lagos, Ogun Top IGR for H1 2016