Thursday, September 24,
2020 / 8:00 PM / by WebTV/ Header Image Credit: Ecographic
Guest: Professor Asiwaju Busari Akande
Date: Friday, September 25th, 2020
Platform: Virtual Zoom Video Call
Highlights: To be deployed on WebTVng Platform, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn
Topic: Islamic Finance, Education & Sustainable Development in Nigeria
Host: Bukola Akinyele
Key Discussion Points
1. Broadening Islamic Finance Education in Nigeria
2. Role of Islamic Institute of Accounting and Finance in Nigeria (IIAFN) In Deepening Capacity and Skills
3. Development in Islamic Banking, Insurance and the Capital market
4. Assessment of IIAFN Collaborations in Nigeria, Africa and at the Global Level
5. Opportunities in The Islamic Institute of Accounting and Finance in Nigeria
6. The Role Islamic Finance is Playing in Supporting the Economic Sustainability Plan in Nigeria
7. How Islamic Finance is Aiding Nigeria's Fulfilment of the SDGs by 2030
Asiwaju Busari is a Nigerian born international Academic. A professor of Business Finance at age of 38. He is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of the First Islamic Institute of Accounting and Finance in Nigeria and also the West African Director of Operations of the Chartred Institute of Management and Leadership Kentucky USA.
Educated at St Anne's Primary School Kaduna, Federal Government College Kaduna, Kaduna Polytechnic, Trinity College Seychelles, American University College London, Manchester Business School, Bolton University Turks, Island, American Trinity University California USA and IIC University of Technology Cambodia.
He is an Australian trained Management Accountant cum Certified Public Accountant. He ventured into Politics and contested the C=Kwara Central Senatorial Elections in 2019 which he lost to Dr Yahaya Oloriegbe of the APC.
He established the College of Islamic Finance and Management Sciences Adewole Ilorin in 2015 to help develop teeming youths in Kwara. State.
He is a professional member of the institute of Certified Public Accountants UK and Nigeria, Institute of Certified Management Accountant Australia, Institute of Forensic Accountants Pakistan, Institute of Professional Financial Managers London, Chartered Institute of Administration Nigeria, Institute of Certified Public Accountants Nigeria and London, Institute of Chartered Economist of Nigeria, Chartered Association of Business Administrators Canada and host of others.
As a Chartered Accountant and a Professor of Business Finance, Asiwaju Busari Akande dwell mostly on trainings of human capital structure and how Islamic Finance could strive positively in the midst of competitors.