Friday, October 07, 2016 6.02pm/ CBN
In view of the need to foster financial system and economic growth and development, as well as complement the efforts of government at various levels, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has approved “Guidelines for Granting Liquid Asset Status to Sukuk Instruments Issued by State Governments”, to enhance the diversification of sources of funding for development at the sub-national levels.
Consequently, members of the public and relevant stakeholders are requested to note the said Guidelines as contained below for operations in the Nigerian financial markets.
Download Guidelines Here
1. SEC Holds Regional Roundtable on Non- interest (Islamic) Capital Market
2. SEC rules on sukuk issuance
3. NSE Reviews Composition of The Lotus Islamic Index
4. CBN Unveils Guidelines on Advisory Body for Islamic Finance
5. Islamic Finance – A Growing Source of Capital for the Developing World
6. Dubai Sukuk Listings Reach USD 42.61bn as Emirate Underlines Leadership in Sector
7. CBN Enhances Minimum Qualifications for Banks CCOs to Ensure Compliance
8. Sanctions Grid to DMBs That Participate Under the CBN-NEMSF
9. Portfolio Investment in Nigeria - Re: Amendment of Memorandum 21 of the Foreign Exchange Manual
10. Illicit International Money Remittances through the Banking System
11. CBN Licenses New International Money Transfer Operators
12. Skye Bank is Neither Distressed Nor Liquidated - CBN