Wednesday, September 27, 2017 /2:35 PM /DMO
The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced that its offer for the N100 billion 7-year debut Sukuk Offer, which closed last week Friday was oversubscribed. Investors across a broad spectrum comprising Pension Funds, Banks, Fund Managers, Institutional and Retail Investors subscribed to the Offer in an indication of the wide acceptance of the instrument. The Offer attracted a Total Subscription of N105.878 billion. With the success of the Offer, another window has been opened for the Government to raise funds to close Nigeria’s infrastructure gap.
The DMO had indicated that funds would be utilised for the construction and rehabilitation of 25 Roads across the 6 Geopolitical zones and with the conclusion of the Offer, the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing can now actively commence work on the roads. With this Issuance, a new instrument, the Sovereign Sukuk, has been introduced to Nigeria’s capital market, thereby increasing the variety of products available for domestic Issuers and investors.
A look at the investors that subscribed for the Sovereign Sukuk revealed that new investors have been offered an opportunity to participate in Nigeria’s growing capital market. Another significant objective that was achieved was the participation by over a thousand retail investors from across the nation who accounted for over 4% of the total subscription. The DMO is pleased with the success of the first Offer and will continue with its role of meeting the Government’s funding needs as well as introducing new instruments to develop Nigeria’s capital market.
1. Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) N100bn Debut Sukuk Offer Opens For Sale to the Public
2. Dissecting the FGN’s N100bn Sukuk (Bond) Offering
3. Investment Opportunity in FGN Sovereign Ijarah Sukuk
4. All You Need to Know About Sovereign Sukuk
5. Master in Islamic Finance
6. Commendation to DMO on the Proposed Federal Government of Nigeria Sukuk Debt Issuance
7. Call for Nominations In Distance Learning Programs on Islamic Banking and Finance
8. Guidelines for the Regulation and Supervision of Islamic Microfinance Banks in Nigeria
9. DFM Officially Publishes Final Version Of “Standard On Hedging Against Investment And Finance Risks”
10. Dubai Islamic Bank Rings Bell To Celebrate Listing USD 1 Billion Sukuk On Nasdaq Dubai
11. Africa Finance Corporation Carries Out $150mSukuk Transaction On Nasdaq Dubai
12. Jaiz bank listing adds N36.83bl to the NSE Market Capitalization