Thursday, April 08, 2021 / 1:00
PM / by WebTV / Header Image Credit: Ecographics
Finance Weekly will be featuring a robust conversation on Women in Business and
Guest: Dr. Shukurat Bello
Date: Friday, April 09, 2021
Time: 1:00PM (WAT)
Platform: Virtual Zoom Video Call
Highlights: To be deployed on WebTVng Platform, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook &
Host: Bukola Akinyele-Yisau
Key Discussion Points
- How women-run enterprises have fared in driving an
ethics-based business model?
- Islamic businesses, Islamic Finance and Ethical
- Women are increasingly leading C-suite teams in some
of the most well-respected boardrooms globally, should we expect to see greater
ethical conducts by these institutions, is ethics gender-sensitive?
- Improving Access to Ethical Finance for Women in
- Principal drivers of increased ethical lending to
women, especially in rural and semi-urban communities
- Women and Capacity Building In
- Prospects for Growth in Islamic Finance in Nigeria &
Opportunities for Women?
Shukurat M. Bello is a Senior Lecturer at the Dangote Business School, the
Sub-Dean Academics, Faculty of Management Sciences, Bayero University Kano.
holds a PhD in Management with 15 years of teaching, research and community
was the best Bayero University Kano, Bsc. Business Administration graduating
student in 2002. She won Best paper Award at University of Dubai International
Conference in 2018.
presents academic paper locally and Internationally. She has authored a number of
academic journal articles on women issues, business ethics, human resource
management and Islamic finance.
1. Islamic Finance Institutions Need to Engineer More
Gender-Supportive Products - Iram Zaidi
2. Islamic Finance Can Support Nigeria's Economic
Stabilization Through Capital Flows - Ifeoluwa Dixon
3. How Islamic Finance Firms Are Empowering Women Through
4. The Principles of Islamic Finance Align With The 17 Goals
of The UN - Saeeda Ahmed
5. Islamic Finance: Women Can Run Businesses That Are Sharia
Compliant - Dr. Tajudeen Yusuf
6. Post COVID-19: How Takaful Can Support The Nigerian
Insurance Sector - Thaibat Adeniran
Leading Nigerian Women in Islamic Finance
8. Standardization, Key To Bringing Certainty To Non-Interest
Finance Market - Tosin Ajose
9. Financing Nigeria's Infrastructure Deficit: Opportunities
In The Finance Market - Toyin Sanni