Thursday, October 29, 2020 / 2:37 PM / by WebTV / Header Image Credit: Ecographics
WebTV's Islamic Finance Weekly will be featuring a robust conversation on The Role of Islamic Microfinance on Poverty Eradication in Nigeria
Guest: Mr. Abdulkadir Abdullateef
Date: Friday, October 30th, 2020
Platform: Virtual Zoom Video Call
Highlights: To be deployed on WebTVNG Platform, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn
Host: Bukola Akinyele
Key Discussion Points
- Assessing the Role of Microfinance Banks in National Development since 1960
- How Islamic Microfinance Can Support the reduction of the High Poverty rate in Nigeria support this effort in eradicating poverty that is prevalent in the North West/North East dominated by Muslims?
- The Non-Interest Guidelines Issued by the CBN For Developing Islamic Microfinance & Opportunities in the financial market.
- Islamic Microfinance Banks Are Exploring Innovative Products to Support Shariah-Compliant Microbusinesses.
- The Outlook for Islamic Microfinance Growth in Nigeria.
- Perspective on The Current Regulations and Guidelines Issued by the CBN for MFBs/Other Financial Institutions in the Country
Abdullateef Abdulqadir Maikabara is an MSc graduate of Islamic banking and finance at the IIUM institute of Islamic Banking and Finance (IIiBF), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).
He obtained his LLB (Hons) in Islamic law from Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt in 2017. He is a co- founder and teacher at the Islamic Knowledge Foundation. His research interests lies in the area of Islamic law, Islamic banking and finance, and Islamic social finance, And Islamic microfinance.
Islamic Finance Related News
1. Islamic Finance Is the Best Option For Real Sector Development In Nigeria - Ahmad Barau
2. The Principles of Islamic Finance Align With The 17 Goals of The UN - Saeeda Ahmed
3. Saeeda Ahmed To Speak on SDGs, Women Empowerment and Islamic Economy
4. Coronavirus Presents Islamic Fintech with Opportunities and Challenges - Bashar Al-Natoor
5. Nigeria Should Leverage The Halal Market To Grow Its Non-Oil Sector - Jude Chime
6. Chime Jude To Speak on The Halal Market: Opportunities for the Nigerian Economy
7. Fintech Is a Viable Vehicle for Deepening Islamic Finance In Nigeria - Muhammad Jidda
8. How Islamic Finance Could Support Nigeria's Goal of Achieving SDGs By 2030 - Prof Busari Akande
9. Prof. Busari Akande to Speak on Islamic Finance, Education and Sustainable Development in Nigeria
10. How Islamic Finance Firms Are Empowering Women Through Fintech
11. Wahida Mohamed to Speak on the Role of Women in The Islamic Fintech Ecosystem
12. Review Of Guidelines For Takaful Insurance In Nigeria Long Overdue - Abdullah Abdulrasaq
13. Nigeria Has an Enabling Environment for Retail Sukuk to Thrive - Mustapha Ishaq-Akinlaso
14. Accessibility and Simplicity Needed For Expansion of Islamic Finance In Nigeria - Oguntoyinbo
15. How Africa Can Tap Into The $5trn Halal Consumer Market - Tausif Malik