Monday, September 25, 2017 12:30PM / Ola Gam-Ikon
Constitutionally, governments are responsible for the security and welfare of their citizens. To execute their responsibilities they use laws and regulations. Besides investing in military hardware and maintenance of forces to ensure a secured environment, the laws of insurance are employed to create the needed balance for a better livelihood.
However, due to lack of knowledge and poor communication of the advantages of insurance, more citizens live with fear that has pervaded even the insurance industry in Nigeria which ought to restore peace of mind!
At Insurance September, customers of insurance products led by their experiences and expectations shall be sharing perspectives that will seek to improve the insurance experience and expose them to opportunities that are available through collaboration and partnership.
Ultimately, more engagements in this sense will ensure the laws are tested, adapted and reviewed to align with today's highly mobile living and dynamic choices.
How do insurance laws affect the welfare of the citizens? What can be done to make it more beneficial to those who pay for their respective insurances? What is the best technology to communicate the values of insurance to the citizens? What should insurance regulators and operators do to enhance the experiences of insurance customers (policyholders)?
We will be answering these questions and more this Friday, September 29, 2017 at the inaugural outing of Insurance September holding from 8.30am to 4.00pm at the City Mall, Onikan, Lagos. Join the Conversation via @InsureSeptember
1. Insurance September: One day for the Policyholders
2. Leadway Partners NBA to deepen Insurance Coverage for Lawyers
3. Solvency II Implementation in Nigeria …Toeing the line of Global Best Practice
4. African Risk Capacity (ARC): Towards Resilience -Africa Takes Disaster Management Into Its Own Hands
5. NSITF and NECA Agreement: What Implications for Non-NECA Members?
6. Insurance Planning
7. Ghana moves to strengthen insurance industry, consolidation drive afoot
8. A case for further consolidation in insurance
9. Insurance a strong flavour of the year
10. Insurance Sector Report - Beacon Shining Forth
11. Low-income-earners and insurance- Tips for choosing insurance policy
12. Low-income-earners: Explore the power and benefits of insurance