Monday, December 19, 2016 3:10 PM /Proshare Markets
Global markets recorded positive sentiments in some exchanges in 2016 as available data shows that majority of the markets trade in the green zone.
A quick look at the performance of stock markets around the globe reveals that the Argentine Stock Market leads with +41.87% YTD gain as the Brazilian and Russian markets follow closely with +34.69% and +26.69% gains respectively while the Hong Kong market records the least gain of +2.62%.
However, the Madrid General Index records the highest loss of -16.95% and closely followed by the Italian MIB Index and Sri Lanka markets with -11.11% and -9.24% in that order.
The Nigerian All-Share Index currently records -6.76% YTD performance as at 16th December, 2016.
1. Top Five Gainers and Losers on NSE in 2016
2. Movers and Shakers in 2016 -GUARANTY, SEPLAT Record Growth in Market CAP as FO, WAPCO Lead Otherwise
3. Global Market: Argentina, RTS Exchanges Top Performing Stock Markets in 2015
4. African Stocks record sterling returns among top global exchanges
5. Argentina records +98.38% 2013 YTD gains to lead Global Exchanges; NSE ASI makes top
6. 10 Best Performing Stock Markets in Q3 2013
7. Kenya, Nigeria lead Top 10 Performing African Exchanges
8. Global Market: Argentina, Italy Top Best Performing Stock Markets in the World