Tuesday, January 31, 2016/ 5.25 PM / SEC
The Commission on September 12, 2008 received a petition from the complainant alleging various misconducts against the Respondent. Pursuant to this complaint, the Commission conducted investigations and observed that the respondent had carried out actions which were in breach of the provisions of the Investment and Securities Act 2007, as well as the SEC Rules and Regulations.
To afford all parties fair hearing, the Commission on December 7, 2016 convened an Administrative Proceedings Committee (APC) sitting to hear the matter. During the hearing, testimonies and documentary evidence were tendered by the parties.
Upon conclusion of the hearing, the SEC APC has reached a final decision which has been approved by the relevant authority. The decisions of the Committee are as follows:
1. In the Matter of the ISA 2007: Before the SEC APC: Rivers State Min. of Fin. & 32 Others V. BGL Plc
2. SEC Triumphs as Federal High Court Dismisses BGL Cases against the Commission
3. SEC Nigeria informs the public of its inability to go ahead with its BGL proceedings
4. Stockbroker sentenced to 7 years imprisonment for unauthorized sale of shares
5. Alleged Infractions: BGL to Appear Before SEC On Tuesday, Aug 04, 2015