Thursday, June 14, 2018 06.59AM / PCRRU @YomiShogunle
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni has approved the request of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to commence an independent audit of detention cells in all police commands and formations in Nigeria including those of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
These visits will enable the NHRC oversee the human rights situation of detainees as well as undertake general audit of the state of police detention facilities (cells) in the country. This exercise is part of the NHRC 2018 audit of police detention centers in Nigeria.
The NHRC was established by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) ACT, 1995 as amended to deal with all matters relating to promotion, protection and enforcement of human rights in Nigeria.
Citizens are once again reminded that the Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) is available 24/7 to receive complaints of police misconducts via any of the following channels;
· Calls Only: 0805 700 0001, 0805 700 0002
· SMS and WhatsApp Only: 0805 700 0003
· BBM: 58A2B5DE
· Twitter: @PoliceNG_PCRRU
· Facebook: www.facebook.com/PolicePCRRU
· Website: www.npf.gov.ng/complaint
1. Police Formation and Command - Proshare June 08, 2018
4. Police Powers of Arrest and Civil Contracts - Proshare Dec 15, 2017
5. N285bn Pension Savings of Police to be moved from PFAs - Proshare April 21, 2014