Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:02 AM/Proshare Research
Movement in market indicators in the year 2016 has been with mixed outcome.
On the Nigerian Stock Exchange, the NSE ASI dropped by -7.53% the NASD USI grows by 2.43% as at 23rd December, 2016.
Nigeria’s forex reserves dropped by -12.87% to move from US$28.98bn in January o4, 2016 to US$25.25bn as at December 20, 2016. Activities at both the interbank and parallel market reveal that Naira depreciated by 54.82% and 80.97% respectively.
However, Brent Crude Oil went up in the course of the year by 47.67% from US$37 as at December 31st, 2015 to US$55.05 per barrel as at 22nd December, 2016.
1. Nigeria’s Economic Indicators in 2016
2. 45 Resignations Announced by Quoted Companies in 2016
3. 104 Appointments Made by Quoted Companies in 2016
4. Agriculture Sector – PRESCO Tops on EPS as LIVESTOCK Tops on PE Ratio
5. Foreign Portfolio Participation in Equity Trading Drops in 2016
6. Stocks You Shouldn’t Touch – 62 Stocks Record No Price Movement in 2016
7. Stocks from the Final Services Sector Dominate the List of Penny Stocks in 2016
8. Santa Claus Rally: Stocks on Radar as December effects drive prices
9. NSE ASI Performance Review and How Key Sectors Fared in 2016
10. Egypt, Zimbabwe Stock Markets Lead African Markets in 2016 as Lusaka Exchange Top Losers
11. Argentina, Brazil Lead Performing Global Markets in 2016 as Madrid Exchange Leads Otherwise
12. Top Five Gainers and Losers on NSE in 2016
13. Movers and Shakers in 2016 -GUARANTY, SEPLAT Record Growth in Market CAP as FO, WAPCO Lead Otherwise
14. Global Market: Argentina, RTS Exchanges Top Performing Stock Markets in 2015
15. African Stocks record sterling returns among top global exchanges
16. Argentina records +98.38% 2013 YTD gains to lead Global Exchanges; NSE ASI makes top
17. 10 Best Performing Stock Markets in Q3 2013
18. Kenya, Nigeria lead Top 10 Performing African Exchanges
19. Global Market: Argentina, Italy Top Best Performing Stock Markets in the World