Monday, March 13, 2017 6.47AM / CBN
There are strong indications that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is unrelenting in its move to ensure liquidity in the interbank FOREX market, as it will inject more foreign exchange into market early this week.
The information about the action of the apex bank, which became rife over the weekend, has reportedly sent jitters to those currency speculators who hitherto took advantage of the scarcity of foreign exchange in the recent past.
Confirming the proposed additional foreign exchange injection into the system to newsmen in Lagos over the weekend, the Acting Director, Corporate Communications of the CBN, Mr. Isaac Okorafor said that bank was determined to sustain the provision of liquidity in the foreign exchange market in order to enhance accessibility and affordability for genuine end users.
Mr. Okorafor also cautioned dealers in foreign exchange not to engage in any unwholesome practice that is detrimental to smooth operations in the market, warning that the CBN would impose heavy sanctions on any organization or official involved in such act.
As at last week, the CBN had intervened in the interbank FOREX market by offering over $1.2 billion for both wholesale and retail interventions.
1. What to expect from the markets this week - 120317
2. CBN Sustains Forex Supply To Date
3. CBN’s New FX Policy Shows A Change Of Heart? – Feb’17 Economic Update
4. Nigeria - Cheapest Currency In Africa
5. FOREX: CBN Injects $100m Into The Market
6. CBN Issues Circular to All Authorized Dealers on Improved Foreign Exchange Liquidity
7. Addicted to Dollars
8. The Street's Response to the CBN - The Tale of Contradictions
9. Nigeria reacts positively to a forex crisis of confidence and liquidity
10. Dollar Set To Crash Further as CBN Releases Additional $180m to Banks
11. CBN Special Wholesale Intervention 60 Days Forward
12. Guidelines for the Operationalization of the CBN Policy on PTA and School Fees.
13. CBN Releases New Policy Actions in the Foreign Exchange Market
14. FOREX Utilization: CBN Boosts Manufacturing, Agricultures, Others
15. CBN makes further clarification on FOREX sale
16. Drawbacks of Capital Control Measures Under the Proposed Forex Amendment Bill
17. CBN’s $1.07bn Forex Utilization Report November 2016
18. CBN clarifies alleged wrong FOREX purchase figures
19. Nigeria’s Current Economic Situation: Our Case – CBN
20. Naira slips further, hits N497.50 against Dollar at parallel market
21. Is The Official Exchange Rate of N305 Realistic & When Can We Expect Uninterrupted Supply of FOREX?